What's new

The Eversharp Schick G Type Injector Razor

Can you buy blades for these razors still? Just won one one ebay I would like to restore it and give it to my father as a gift

Very nice thread to have resurrected here.

I wish I'd had this information before trying to treat my two "G" types like and "E" type.
Two nice 66's ruined. I PIFed them. Hopefully the recipient saw this thread.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
View attachment 596759Just got this beauty in the mail. I opened the spring easily enough. Now I cannot get it to close. I don't want to cause damage. Suggestions?

Dont know if that thing is still in that condition after all these months, but here is the easy fix. You need a scratch awl for this because it has just the right size and taper. lay it right up there in the corner and use it as a ramp, handle to the right, point to the left. As you turn the spring clockwise, it is compressed by being pushed against the tapered awl. Position the spring and twist and pull the awl to remove it. The same tool works great for opening the razor for deep cleaning. Just do the whole process in reverse. Insert awl, and push it on in until the spring just barely disengages from the locking tab. This does not deform the spring as long as you only barely disengage it. Twist it to the left.

I just acquired the blue Schick Eversharp today at a local flea market. I brought it home gave it a cleaning, sanitizing and a polish. The razor came out beautifully. In my shave today I went into it expecting to get the exact same shave as the amber schick Injector but I was absolutely wrong. When I put the head to my neck and began to slowly stroke downward I was pleasantly surprised to feel more blade on my skin. I had an awesome shave, no weepers or redness. So my question is.. Is the Eversharp razor known to be more aggressive than the injector?

Pictures please BTW are you speaking of a G4 Schick 66?
The blue one in the photo is the one I found and used today. To be quite honest I know nothing of these razors other than that they have given me some of my most comfortable shaves and that this thread has been very helpful.
IMG_4615.JPG

I just got my Amber Schick Eversharp Type G6 two days ago and need blades prior to enjoying it as you enjoy yours.
I hope they were recently added to your cart and checked out so you don't have to wait much longer. Congrats on your razor too. I'm sure you are going to enjoy it.

Top Bottom