What's new

SOTD 5th Feb - 11th Feb 2007

HD w/ Feather (3rd shave)
AOS Lavender PSO
AOS Lavender SC (Don't worry I have some AOS Sandalwood and T&H Trafalgar coming this week, lol so much for no SC's)
Thayers WH
AOS Lavender ASB

No razor burn, couple tiny nicks and a bit of irritation on the mustache (went over the same spot 3 times without any cream, doh!). The no razor burn trumps all the negatives I had today though.

Overall: 8/10 :thumbup:

Monday:

Gold Gillette Aristocrat Open Comb
Israeli Personna
Vulfix #2234
QED Bay Rum
Thayer's Rose WH
Dominica Bay AS
Neutrogena Triple Defense

Feather AC / pro-blade
SMFIII
L’Occitane Cade Soap
Floris Santal ASB

Second attempt and second failure for my SOTD photo. I have three choices 1) do that outdoors 2) buy powerful spotlights 3) upgrade my material. This is very frustrating.

proxy.php

proxy.php

A excellent limes shave day!! :thumbup1: The CF Limes really is all that it is kicked up to be! I loved the smell and the performance as I'm BBS in three passes with no AGTG. :001_cool:

Slant w/ Derby
2006 B&B Brush - Finest Horn
CF Limes Shaving Cream (Sample provided by L.Martino) :thumbup1: :thumbup1:
Alum
Aqua Velva (Ok, for some reason it did not morph into :9898: smell like the first time I used it. Today it worked just fine. This product frustrates me to no end!)
RMWS Hydrolast Limes Tonic

SCS Bay Rum with a Twist EDT:tongue_sm

HD with Derby (2nd day)
Vulfix 849 PBB
T&H Trafalgar
Alum
Proraso ASB

Nice heated lather today with my double-boiler makeshift scuttle (inspired by Rick). I think I rushed the lather because I was excited about the warmth...felt a little dry (needed more water I guess). Still shaved fine with no nicks or irritation...the razor just kind of skipped a bit rather than that nice slide. That trafalgar smells great! Opted for no rose WH today...I think it kept the scent of the trafalgar longer that way. Didn't shave the lowest 1 inch strip on my neck to let the ingrowns/irritation heal a bit. It is weird that it is always just the lowest inch of space on my neck. Hoefully with it grown out a bit I can reassess the pattern of growth.

I received my B&B brush yesterday and had to try it out today.

Hot shower
Proraso pre-
Hot towel for one minute
Superlather using Mama Bear's soap with TOBS Avocado
B&B Finest
Merkur Progress with Merkur blade
3 pass WTG, XTG, ATG

Result: BBS

Endymion edt

Using the B&B brush is the definition of luxury.

Lyrt ..I don't think you completely failed ..thru the water drop in the first picture I can clearly see the inverted vase of flowers :001_tt2:

No date code Super Speed
Swedish Gillette
SR 3118
Shaving Shoppe Spicy Shave Soap
Mama Bear B&B Summer AS
Dolce y Gabana Por Homme EdT

I will try to review the soap later.

Died a gone to Penhaligon's Heaven:

Hot and Soaking Vulfix 2235 in Ebony
Penhaligon's Endymion Shaving Cream
1953 Silver Gillette Aristocrat with a New Feather
3 Passes
Warm Water Rinse
Cold Water Splash
Shavex Alum
Penhaligon's Endymion ASB
Pashana Hair Lotion
Finished off With Penhaligon's Endymion Cologne

Wow and will leave it at that!

:jump:

Tuesday:

Floris JF Day!

C&E Best Badger
Floris JF SC
Merkur Classic-Merkur (day 1)
styptic pencil (first shave in about 3 that I've had to use it)
Floris JF ASB
Floris JF EdT

This doesn't seem to be as tenacious a scent as Santal. Then again, I'm not using very much EdT, since I'm using the sample decant, not an atomizer.

Mike

Merkur HD
C&E Best Badger
some French Olive Oil soap
alum
aqua velva
GFT coral skin food

The French olive oil soap I got in a trade left a lot to be desired. Maybe its just my methods, but all olive oil soaps I have tried hold nothing to Mama Bear, QED etc. They just produce a fairly light, airy weak lather. Although it is fairly slick, the lather dissipates way too fast. I think this rather large brick of soap has been downgraded to the shower.

Lately, the Aqua Velva and Coral Skin food have been my go-to after shave combo. I know a lot of people knock the Coral Skin food, but I feel it does a lot of good, especially on a day like today. I really butchered myself with the crappy lather the French soap produced.

Schick injector
SMF III brush
Trumpers Coconut shave cream
Hydrolast Peppermint balm
Trumpers GFT EDT

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Hot shower
SR 3124
'61 Fatboy w/Feather blade (Day 3)
Nancy Boy Replenishing cream (rubbed on warm wet face with fingertips -- hey, it's "brushless," right?)
Taylor's Avacado cream
Alum
Thayer's Rose W/H
DR Harris Sandalwood A/S splash
AOS Sandalwood EdT

Man, I forgot how slick and moisturizing the ToOBS Avacado cream is. It was one of my first creams, and I definitely need to work it into my rotation on a more regular basis. I didn't even need an A/S balm.

The combination of the Avacado and the Nancy Boy Replenishing (cucumber) cream (used as a pre-shave prep straight on the face) yielded one of the smoothest and most irritation-free shaves to date! I knew there was a use for this new Nancy Boy cucumber cream... not too wild about the scent, but I smelled like a summer salad while shaving! :tongue:

Em's Pre-Shave Oil
Shavemac 23mm horn
SCS Oakmoss Lavendula SC
Feather AC RG w/ Pro Super blade
Crystal Stick Alum
Thayers Rose
Aqua Velva Musk AS
sports-talk radio

Nice shave today. SCS Oakmoss Lavendula's fine stuff. :thumbup1: But the Aqua Velva Musk is too strong for me.

Tuesday morning:

Merkur Classic w/Derby (day 3)
EJ Super Badger
T & H Sandalwood SC
DR Harris Sandalwood A/S

full

Last edited by a moderator:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
after shower at the sink:

Merkur Futur (#2 setting) w/IP (2nd day)
B&B Finest Silvertip
C&E Sandalwood s/c
warm water rinse
touch up with disposable Gillette
cold water splash
Thayers Lavender w/h
C&E Sandalwood edt

Top Bottom