What's new

Brylcreem

I was wondering how many use this product for their hair. I just started reusing it after 50 years and like it alot. When I was a kid everyone used it and it was advertised as "just a little dab will do ya they'll love to get their fingers in your hair" but everyone wore gobs and gobs of the product in their hair. I have found out the advertisement was right "just a little dab will do ya".

PINAUD!

I still use Vitalis on my hair. The price is high and it's sometimes hard to find. Never really cared for the Brylcream. Cheers!

I was wondering how many use this product for their hair. I just started reusing it after 50 years and like it alot. When I was a kid everyone used it and it was advertised as "just a little dab will do ya they'll love to get their fingers in your hair" but everyone wore gobs and gobs of the product in their hair. I have found out the advertisement was right "just a little dab will do ya".

PINAUD!

I like the American Crew.

I use Brylcreem first, Groom & Clean second, and Top Brass occasionally.
Brylcreem is a good dandruff killer.

The Tabac cream looks interesting. Is Idiotdoc = dridiot? there is a Singapore-based seller on U.S. ebay offering the stuff for $10.99.

edit: it appears idiotdoc is not dridiot. Apologies to the latter, who also has the product, for any confusion.

Last edited:
I like the American Crew.

I did, too...until they discontinued their Classic Wax. Ah well. My wife is a hairdresser so I have a nigh on endless variety of hair products from which to choose. I'm currently using D:Fi heavy wax but I think I might try the light next go-round.

When my hair is shorter I like to use the American crew Fiber, but when my hair gets long it's thick, coarse, and unruly. Brylcreem works the best out of anything I've tried to tame it. I originally started with Groom & Clean after reading that Brylcreem was greasy, but I disliked how it made my hair look and feel after a few hours, and it made my scalp red. Brylcreem, while heavier, is not greasy as I was led to believe and imparts the perfect amount of control and manageability while not irritating my scalp at all.

I love it, but I'm also curious about Booster Lanolin.

I just use L'oreal Studio Line Clean Gel. I have tried all the other products but found them to be either too greasy or shiny and not very becoming. I prefer the dry look.

I tried some brylcreem after seeing a post on B&B. I find that, as you said, a little dab will do ya. It adds just enough control, but you don't end up with helmet-head, and in general, it just leaves my hair looking really healthy.

i find it similar to brylcreem which i also use but it smells of tabac lol so thats a win right there

Absoluteley love Brylcreem. Have Brylcreem, Groom & Clean and Alberto V05 in my "hair groom" rotation & love them all for different reasons.

As for Brylcreem - I see many different products:

There are black boxes with little tubes inside, Tubs in Red, Tubs in Blue, Tubs in black, little jars with different products...

Which is the standard one everyone is saying is so good?

Dad used the Red version, I used it when i was younger. Still sold in huge quantities here in Malaysia. However these days, its Gatsby's Mega Fix Gel. Hmm...i might just go get some Brylcreem to see if its ok for me after so many years.

I use Vitalis too. It has been a godsend for me. I have always hated having goop in my hair. Vitalis is light feeling, I can barely tell it is there some times.

Top Bottom