What's new

Can anyone recommend.................

a soap for shaving with???

I've already tried 'Neals Yard Remedies Close Shave soap' and this left my skin all red and very sore!!!:blushing::blushing::blushing:

Or does anyone know of a shaving cream that lathers well similar to 'Headblade Slick Shaving Cream'???

Thanks guyz...............

Nicolas:thumbup1:

Last edited:
You are going to get tons of recommendations, so I'll just throw out a couple. How about MWF or Tabac? Most folks seem to get good results from those.

a soap for shaving with???

I've already tried 'Neals Yard Remedies Close Shave soap' and this left my skin all red and very sore!!!:blushing::blushing::blushing:

Have you tried Palmolive? Readily available here in the UK and cheap as chips so you won't be out of pocket if you get a similar reaction.

Or does anyone know of a shaving cream that lathers well similar to 'Headblade Slick Shaving Cream'???

Never tried it so can't really recommend a direct alternative. But Real Shaving Co's cream and Palmolive both give me great lather...and again available in all good stores (and Tesco) :lol:

Hello,

Be prepared... a lot of advice may come your way :)

Maybe a nice idea would be to start with some Tabac or Palmolive cream.

You are going to get tons of recommendations, so I'll just throw out a couple. How about MWF or Tabac? Most folks seem to get good results from those.
Hey JPM & SpyVSpy!

Many thank for your replies - very much appreciated!!!!

Have just done an order for the 'MWF' soap - so will let you know how that goes for me!! Hopefully it'll be ok as I noticed it's just natural ingredients and is good for sensitive skin................fingers crossed!!!

Cheers for now........

Nicolas

Have you tried Palmolive? Readily available here in the UK and cheap as chips so you won't be out of pocket if you get a similar reaction.

Never tried it so can't really recommend a direct alternative. But Real Shaving Co's cream and Palmolive both give me great lather...and again available in all good stores (and Tesco) :lol:
Hey Pumpkin!

Hmmmmm no not tried that yet - but will be keeping that in mind!!!!

Thanks for your reply........

Nicolas

Hello,

Be prepared... a lot of advice may come your way :)

Maybe a nice idea would be to start with some Tabac or Palmolive cream.
Hey Wimbouman or should I say ''Goede avond''!!???

Not tried the Palmolive one yet - and am not going to try the Tabac as I remember when it was around when I was growing up - YUK the smell's............awful!!!

Ik dank u toch!

Glad to hear it, hope you enjoy. Search on some of the threads in this forum on how to lather MWF. It will help you get started.

My personal favorite soaps are the Harris soaps, although Tabac works great (if not slightly better) too, I just didn't like the scent.

You made a very good choice with Mitchell's Wool Fat. Look around for Palmolive and Wilkinson Sword shaving sticks. They're both good inexpensive soaps.

My personal favorite soaps are the Harris soaps, although Tabac works great (if not slightly better) too, I just didn't like the scent.

Tabac is great though the scent can be polarizing (I personally think it smells great) I would highly recommend it.

There are lots of great soaps.

From what I've tried, I recommend the following:
Valobra Stick
Palmolive Stick
Speick Stick
Tabac

I've heard Cella is very good. Same for Mitchell's Wool Fat.

There is a vendor in the UK. He is banned at this forum, but with a little research you might find his site. he has really good stuff :)

I have tried MWF and the Palmolive stick that was sent to me from your side of the pond. I think I like MWF more, but the Palmolive was a great performer as well. For the money, Palmolive would be the choice of the two for me. Thankfully it isn't and I get to enjoy MWF in it's happy little ceramic bowl.

The Real Shaving Co cream is good. You can often find it in TK Max at a good price otherwise Waitrose stocks it.

The products you have tried are to be honest not the best stuff out there. Usually in the UK when the product it’s natural or organic it tends to have no protection or no slip. Great value but sore skin.

Truefitt and Hills ultimate comfort shaving cream gets great reviews from guys with sensitive skin. They also sell a shaving oil and the combination gives just the best protection.

Otherwise, there are many great shaving soaps in the UK. We are actually blessed with products that export all around the world.

If you do a search for Valobra (a great Italian soap in a stick form), you will find a UK internet supplier that sells good soaps at a fair price and much of the stuff the guys are recommending.

Shaving creams from Geo. F Trumper or D A Harris or Taylors are usually great and the coconut or avacado are usually best for sensitive skin.

So much choice and only a lifetime to try them all.

Happy shopping.

Mama Bear's soaps, to me, are very slick and soothing. If you try a soap or stick I think you won't look much further.

Nicolas --

Since you're in the UK, head to your local chemists and select either the Erasmic cream, Palmolive cream, or the Ingrams cream. That will get you started. Also, Boots has their own brand of shave cream as well as a shave stick and a shave soap bowl.

Once you get a little bit of experience, you can branch out a bit. There are a lot of shaving products available to you in the UK in all price ranges.

But the brands that I've mentioned are modest cost, work well, are easy to use, and are readily available.

-- John Gehman

Top Bottom