What's new

Interesting turkish shave video!

That was neat to watch- nice to see one barber shop where they still use a straight, and I have to get behind anyone who has "Take it from us; you'll never want to use a disposable razor again!" on their site. Wonder if I could talk DH into it next time we're in the UK?

I spent a little over a week in Izmir, Turkey and the barbers there use the flaming cotton swabs to remove stray hairs on and in the ear. It's just how they roll.

its used for "threading" instead of using tweezers to do eye brows or stray fine hairs they twist the string over the fingers like a figure of 8 and as you move it side to side the twisted string in the middle catches the hair and pulls it out. iv had my eye brows done by a Pakistani girl I know and it was very good.

i have a house in Kusadasi Turkey where i spend July & August, i go for a shave at least once a week, Shave,threading,flaming buds,head,neck & shoulder massage,facial massage with lemon cologne and unlimited Turkish tea all for 20 Turkish Lira about £8 $13 Fantastic

I must agree. My parents make trips once or twice a year to Turkey and I've been there a few times. Excellent close shaves (Used a shavette style razor). I read earlier about visits to Truefitt & Hill with their shavette shaves giving razor burn etc. And I experienced none of this!

The burning cotton ball really doesn't hurt and gets away the fluffy hair from you cheekbones and ears. But I must say the threading hurts like hell! The massage with the lemon cologne is quite rough but is incredibly relaxing.

Well worth it, dirt cheap and quite an experience!

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
This is one video that really shows the lightness of touch I think is necessary for a great straight shave. Now . . . if only it could be delivered by a member of the Swedish bikini team . . . never-mind my wife would kill me . . . twice and dance on my grave in red shoes.

Top Bottom