What's new

I'm gonna give this a shot

I just received my Feather AC DX. I've been using the Feather RG for almost 2 months. The only difference I can notice between the two, other than the obvious better looks in the DX, is I can feel a very slight difference in the weight between the two. The DX feels just a bit lighter.

I also got some of the Feather Super Pro blades to try them out. All I've used up till now have been the Pro Guards, and the regular Pro's. I didn't care much for the Pro guards, and I have been liking the regular Pro's. I put a Super Pro in the new DX, and have used it for the last 3 shaves. I found I got some small nicks using the super pro's. I've kept the RG loaded with a regular Pro blade, and after getting 2 small nicks with the DX and the Super Pro, I finished the shave with the RG loaded with a regular pro. I found the shave to be much better. All this comes down to I don't think its the razor, but I'm going to switch the blades in the razor's and see how the shave goes. I'll put a regular Pro into the DX, and I'll put a Super Pro into the RG. I'll see how the next shave goes.

Has anyone who has both model's experienced this? I mean could just that bit of difference in the 2 blades cause the shave to be that way? I've heard that the Super Pro's are supposed to be so much better than the regular Pro's. Or is this a perfect case of YMMV? :confused1

Probably a case of YMMV. I think there's a similar case over on the DE side of the world with the Feather blades being "sharper" than say, Derby blades.

My recommendation would be to stick with the Pro's for a couple more shaves and try to lighten your touch and shallow-out your angle by just a couple degrees. That might get you where you need to be: less nicks and irritation with a smoother/closer shave. Then you'll know for sure that either a) you've mastered the lighter touch with the more intense blades or b) decided that you just like the other model better.

I think YMMV is the case with a lot of things SR-related. I've sold some razors that other shavers absolutely loved. It just didn't work for me for whatever reason. The same might be true for you.

Top Bottom