What's new

vintage Courtley Shaving Soap

[semi-cross post from The Score]

Each different bowl contains a different size puck of Courtley shaving soap. The first (brown plastic bowl) came in box. It is purportedly a "jumbo" with "over a year's supply of abundant lather" - per text on the box. The second bowl, red plastic, is the normal size, I guess - 169g. of soap, total package approx. 1.5 ounces lighter than the brown bowl. The third (gold bowl) is ceramic with a gilt glaze, 181g. of soap - too whacky for words! Class, pure class....

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The soap is classic vintage tallowy shaving soap - it lathers like crazy, the lather is rich and cushiony... sadly, any scent is long gone - but it is fantastic soap. However, I'm not too sure about the... "distinctive" bowls....

Great pix. Congratulations on a huge score -- I think you may have beaten me out on one of those bowls. It looks awfully familiar. :mad3::thumbup1:

Enjoy the soap, Jon. Looking forward to seeing your next score!

Great pix. Congratulations on a huge score -- I think you may have beaten me out on one of those bowls. It looks awfully familiar. :mad3::thumbup1:

Enjoy the soap, Jon. Looking forward to seeing your next score!

I don't think this is from the same place, Evan... but you never know!

Jon

Nice to learn more. Thanks. Looks like I have some experience with 2 of the big six according to the Time article (Shulton and Yardley).:001_smile

Great score and even greater packaging! This is one thing I will give the Fanco soaps. Provence Sante with their redware bowls, L'othantique with their white porcelain bowls, and the now defunct Roger et Gallet shave soap with its gorgeous wooden receptacle. Again, great find.

Regards, Todd

Top Bottom