What's new

Shavepocalypse?

I'm new around here. I've ordered a starter kit from Gentlemen's Best but have yet to start DE shaving. Anyway, I was just looking through the wiki here on B&B and read about the Shavepocalypse. Is this something that's seen as inevitable around here? I'd hate for DE shaving to become obsolete just as I start to get into it.

Ha. I've never seen that term before :biggrin1:

I personally don't believe in it. There seem to be a general increase in the interest of DE and straight razors all over the world and I don't think that companies would be so stupid to not stay in the game, or get in the game, when it's partly being marketed as "luxury/gourmet shaving". You can still make money from quality/high end products, especially if you're an already established brand that people are drawn to.

I for one am not afraid :biggrin1:

The end is nigh upon us...repent, send me the sins of your SRAD, RAD, your potions and lotions of debaucery. Free your souls of this plague before it's too late.

I was just looking through the wiki here on B&B and read about the Shavepocalypse.

The Shavepocalypse is a future event used to justify stocking up on shaving supplies now, before it's too late. You need more razor blades! You need more shaving soap! You need more shaving cream! Why? Because the Shavepocalypse is coming, and then you won't be able to buy any more! You had better stock up now!

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

The Shavepocalypse is a future event used to justify stocking up on shaving supplies now, before it's too late. You need more razor blades! You need more shaving soap! You need more shaving cream! Why? Because the Shavepocalypse is coming, and then you won't be able to buy any more! You had better stock up now!

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

I agree, that's why I ordered a DB 1.5 yesterday and got a straight today. The end is close and we MUST stock up and try everything we've ever wanted to try.

I'm new around here. I've ordered a starter kit from Gentlemen's Best but have yet to start DE shaving. Anyway, I was just looking through the wiki here on B&B and read about the Shavepocalypse. Is this something that's seen as inevitable around here? I'd hate for DE shaving to become obsolete just as I start to get into it.

It is a term used to help some cope or justify the crazy acquisition disorders that grasp us with an unyielding hold and pulls us down the rabbit hole and suck the very dollars out of our wallets that induce the feverish waiting of the delivery man to come deliver the cure for our shaving disease...

I think the Apocalypse is due December 21, 2012.

The Shavepocalypse is due January 13, 2013 :001_huh:. We'll all be dead, according to the Mayans, before the Shavepocalypse.

Long live Badger and Blade!!

It is by far the greatest excuse to buy more stuff...

It is not just enough to get yourself a lifetime supply; you want your kids to have the best stuff too don't you? :devil:

I think the Apocalypse is due December 21, 2012.

The Shavepocalypse is due January 13, 2013 :001_huh:. We'll all be dead, according to the Mayans, before the Shavepocalypse.

Long live Badger and Blade!!

NOPE!!! It'll be 9/13/13!!! That's the first Friday the 13th that year!!!! STOCK UP NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!!!!!

Figure 2 blades/week. Tub o cream or puck o soap for every 2 months. 520 weeks = 10 years. Soooooo, about 15,000 blades, 60 tubs o TOBS and I should be set! You guys think I can get it past SWMBO??????
:001_huh::001_huh::001_huh::001_huh:

Yes, PG is the antishaver and Tiger Woods one of the...BABYLON! Signs and wonders. Old Spice, the real Old Spice, use to be like $1, now you have to shell out major bucks(AOS) to save your shave. Oh gosh, we'll all be wearing beards!

Repent Ye

Oh well! I better tell SWMBO that the Shavepocalypse is upon us and I will need to break my promise of not spending too much on supplies!!!

Bring it on I say!

It's a real term all right:

Gillette Swedes

AOS soaps(not advertised online any longer by AOS)

Tallow as a main ingredient in many soaps.

Polsilver blades.

Aqua Velva Ice Balm(and AV in a glass bottle. If you have been following the Lilac Vegetal thread w/ glass bottle, you can see where this is headed.)

Everyone who believed that these products would be around to buy when they got around to it will now tell a different story.

Sadly, the list does not end here-this is what i can remember off the top of my head(I'm @ work; shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

marty

Top Bottom