What's new

Who are the Coolest Men of All Time?

This thought started out as a quest for art - I wanted a photo of Steve McQueen shaving hanging in my bathroom. Even w/the power of Google, that doesn't exist (to my knowledge). This got me thinking - who else could I hang in my shaving den? Who is worthy? So I will offer it up to the community:

Who are the coolest men of all time?

My rules for this are:
  1. Real or Fictional, either is fine. But it must be a MAN. None of this cartoon, comic book, alien/vampire nonsense.
  2. If the Character is cool (Tyler Durden) but the Actor is questionable (Brad Pitt), list the Character.
  3. If an actor has protrayed many cool characters (John Wayne) list the actor.
  4. It has to be someone public (i.e. not "Nicky from down the block").

I will offer up my list to get things started in the next post. Feel free to debate the merits of my submissions, or anyone else's.

Here is my initial list, to get the ball rolling. They appear in no particular order:

Steve McQueen
Sean Connery
Johnny Cash
James Dean
Clint Eastwood
Tony Montana
Shaft
Lee Marvin
Robert DeNiro
Mr Blonde
Tyler Durden
Humphrey Bogart
John Wayne
Paul Newman
James Coburn
Frank Sinatra
Miles Davis
Bruce Lee
Chuck Norris
Doyle Brunson

Let the debate begin.

Great list, RB! One request, however...when you list a name, would you also add what they do? For example, I had to look up Doyle Brunson, poker player. I'm sure he's not obscure to most, but he was to me. :blushing:

For me, the coolest of the cool was Steve McQueen, actor. :biggrin:

Lots of good suggestions above.

In terms of the "new guard," I'd add George Clooney--one of the few actors out there right now who makes women swoon and still seems like he'd be a fun guy to have a beer and hang with.

Steve McQueen
Paul Newman
Clint Eastwood
John Coltrane
Miles Davis
Robert DeNiro
Lee Marvin
John Wayne
William Holden
Charles Bronson
Al Pacino

Joel
Letterk
Scotto
TimmyBoston
MTSSB
Kyle
Nick
Charles
Austin
Dinder1
TaderJoe
Goosemeplease
Mantic
AACJ
Ouch
RTaylor
Quenron
Doc Mottern
mrrob
boboakalfb

Can I add more?

Paul Bryant
Tom Landry
Vince Lombardi

And since I'm a trumpet player: Wynton Marsalis -- nothing beats blowing a gold plated horn that costs over $10K AND having your whole band outfitted by Brooks Brothers.

Top Bottom