What's new

Shaving Supplies in NYC?

Im going to NYC for the week and I wanted to know where to get wetshaving goods. Also, I am a straight razor user that loves them vintage. Any good antique spots?

The best place is Pastuers for supplies. There are two locations one on 34th street and one on 62nd (I think). Antiques.... not sure.

In addition to Pasteur, check out Cambridge Chemists on Lexington Avenue at 64th St. It's about two blocks from Pasteur's uptown location.

Just last week found myself at Min, at 117 Crosby Street. http://ny.racked.com/tags/min-new-york Went to look around and maybe buy a Merkur slant. Was helped by a young lady named Mindy, I think (I wonder now if the name of the shop has anything to do with her?) Anyway, she was very knowledgeable and very helpful, listened to my existing preferences and made suggestions based on that. Got my new razor and near half a dozen tubes of nice shaving creams. Too bad i was having an allergy day or I'd have bought some cologne, too, but i couldn't really tell what I liked just then :)

The store threw in a few samples of other stuff i was interested in but didn't buy. Very pleasant shop in a nice area to browse and shop in general (There's a great Sur le Table store on the corner). I live here so i intend to go back occasionally to buy premium shaving creams and the like. Good selection, and definite place to visit if you're nearby.

Eric

There is an Art of Shaving in grand central station on 42nd and lexington. As for antiques, there are many members in the NYC area with all the stores cased out so you won't find much in that regard.
There is also a victorinox store that sells Dovo razors (all stainless) but its in White Plains in the Westchester Mall so you would have to ride the metro north. There may be other stores like it in the city, but you would have to google it. I just moved form Yonkers about a week ago.
Good Luck!

Top Bottom