What's new

Favorite Cologne/Perfume of the 80s

What was you favorite and least favorite cologne/perfume of the 80s?

My favorite cologne was Polo and Aramis.

My least favorite cologne was Davidoff's Zino, Old Spice and Drakkar Noir.

My favorite woman's perfume was Obsession.

My favourite has to be Kouros. It is such a masterpiece and timely classic that I expect to be around for a long time.

In the 80s, Polo Green was probably my favorite that I wore at that time.

Looking at back at it now as a bit of a collector, Versace L'Homme and GIT my favorties from the 80s. Plus Kouros, Antaeus and BdP.

Never used in it the 80s, but have Zino Davidoff now and it is great!! Whiffed Drakkar Noir a week ago, and it smells like everything else in the department store. Old Spice is, well, Old Spice; still have a bit of the original.

IIRC, I wore Giorgio for Men and Polo. I'm content to let the Giorgio remain in the past...as for the Polo, I upgraded to Yatagan.

My favorite EDT = Captain by Molyneux

proxy.php

and Tactics by Shiseido

proxy.php

This was entirely too much everywhere, but everyone that I knew who wore it had the ladies.......Drakkar.

I had to borrow from friends because my parents thought old spice was the only scent there ever was (also cost appropriate).

Nowadays, I realize everyone who wore it, wore entirely too much, and this stuff can be dangerous in very small amounts.

I guess I still have somewhat of a nose for it though because until I got older, I never had my own.

I liked Grey Flannel a lot, and I couldn't stand Polo or Obsession for Men.

For women? Gee, there were so many good ones. How about Giorgio of Beverly Hills?

Last edited:
I was at my favorite irish pub yesterday afternoon for a pint of Guinness and after a couple pints, a young guy walked up to the bar and he reaked of cologne. So much so that I was going to say something...I went to the restroom instead.

My grandmother bought me Stetson one year for Christmas, I never wore it and still have it and my mom's house. I wonder if I can sell it as "vintage"?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Knize Ten. I have used it since the early/mid 80's....I use it for over 25 years now, don't remember when exactly I started using it. At this time, wearing this fragrance, one was not smelling like the crowd....and this is still true today.

I was a little young to be wearing cologne in the 80's! But Brute was my fav in the 90's and I hated gravity (probably because a whole bottle broke in my jacket pocket, never could get rid of the smell!)

Top Bottom