What's new

Barbasol

It took me a long time to find this stuff since they only sell it at the Dollar General, and the closest one is a half hour drive. I've been blown away by how great Barbasol Brisk aftershave has been. The smell is fantastic and for the price it is great stuff. It has a scent similar to Skin Bracer, but a lot better I think. It's just wonderful :thumbup1:!

Also, is this stuff widely available outside the States? After the good work done by Pumpkin with regards to the Palmolive sticks I thought I'd return the favor to our cousins across the pond and maybe try and hook them up with this little gem. As long as it'll ship I'd be glad to send some their direction.

Yeah, that Brisk will leave a 20 minute menthol blast and I can still smell it 12 hours later. Talk about some staying power.

I don't know about outside the states, but the Barbasol is a Vi-Jon product. If you find a store brand Brisk made by Vi-Jon, it will probably be the same product, just cost a little more than the DolGen stuff. I've seen it as a private label in a couple different stores around here.

Ha I know, it's blasphemy isn't it? But I've been wet-shaving for years and just never got into the soaps. I know all about the bubbles in canned cream drying out the skin, etc, etc. But just don't have time for anything else. Besides, I travel a lot, and for travel purposes, where you encounter different water qualities, the consistency of canned cream can't be beat.

I too really like the nice sweet smell of the Barbasol Brisk. I love menthol as well.

I have actually never tried the real Skin Bracer.

The Barbasol Pacific Rush is also a very good product, especially if you are a menthol addict, as the menthol content is off the charts. :001_wub:

I got sent some Pacific Rush from SodapopJones, it's a bargain basement Osage Rub. I quite like it, to the point where I contacted Barbasol to ask where I could get more.

They said Dollar General was it. Since I live in a state with no Dollar General, they offered to sell to me direct, but I never followed up.

It's a nice aftershave, but that bottle is about as flimsy as plastic can get. I'd hate to think about shipping that thing anywhere.

I got sent some Pacific Rush from SodapopJones, it's a bargain basement Osage Rub. I quite like it, to the point where I contacted Barbasol to ask where I could get more.

They said Dollar General was it. Since I live in a state with no Dollar General, they offered to sell to me direct, but I never followed up.

It's a nice aftershave, but that bottle is about as flimsy as plastic can get. I'd hate to think about shipping that thing anywhere.

I don't think it would be a problem. They ship that stuff all over the place so they must have some idea of how to do it. Heck, if you'd like more, I could always grab you some and decant it into a better container. Everyone should know the love of Barbasol Brisk.

I have liked all the Barbarsol line I have tryed so far. I am decanting mine into green glass Rice wine Vinegar bottles. Plus I added Methol crystals to mine it is now close to OS Rub.

I have liked all the Barbarsol line I have tryed so far. I am decanting mine into green glass Rice wine Vinegar bottles. Plus I added Methol crystals to mine it is now close to OS Rub.

Wow, that stuff is pretty mentholated already. If you haven't tried the Pacific Rush, you ought to .

I have got the Pacific Rush mixed with some let over AV Ice blue + methol crystals in another Green Glass Bottle. You feel the cool for nearly 20 minutes with my mixtures.

Vi Jon makes the Brisk "Skin Bracer" knock-off sold in military exchanges. For a $1.49, no less. That's less than Skin Bracer in the 70's/80's (whenever they used to do the funny shaped bottles). If you know someone in the military, maybe ask them to hook you up....

Skin Bracer is one of my favorite AS. It's all I can do not to try some Brisk, but I'm moving overseas in a few months and would just have to dump it out. As soon as I get to Korea, I'm heading for the BX!

Steve

Top Bottom