What's new

"proraso anti-irritation pre-post shaving cream"

Any experience with this pre-shave cream?

What is the difference between this and the non "Anti irritation" version? (the regular one everyone uses)

I use it every morning. I tried a few shave oils, and the regular pre-post Proraso. For me, the best thing is the Proraso white jar. I don't have time for a shower in the morning, plus I shower in the late afternoon after I run for an hour or play tennis.
When I wake up I wash my face for a minute or two with hot water. Then I apply a thin somewhat visible layer of the cream and let it sit for about 20 minutes while I have a cup of coffee and watch Mike and Mike in the Morning. Gives me the same result as if I had just taken a shower. And thus far, this is the only product to get the job done.
I don't know about it's post shave ability. I'm sure it gets the job done there as well but I use Musgo aftershave balm. I don't like messin' with a good thing.

I use Kyle's Prep (hot towels) followed by application of Proraso Pre-Cream. I let it sit on for a minute or two and then follow it up with one last hot towel, finally, I wipe it all off. I then lather and shave. Works great for me, love the menthol feel of the pre-cream..leaves me feeling clean and invigorated.

I use Kyle's Prep (hot towels) followed by application of Proraso Pre-Cream. I let it sit on for a minute or two and then follow it up with one last hot towel, finally, I wipe it all off. I then lather and shave. Works great for me, love the menthol feel of the pre-cream..leaves me feeling clean and invigorated.
Those of you who like pre-shaves might want to compare proraso's pre shave to a big whompin' can of noxema. Noxema has eucalyptus oil in it, and feels similar to proraso. The only thing different I can tell is the price. You can get a very large container of noxema at any grocery store for 5 bucks. I think the pre-post proraso cream is around 11-13 dollars. Just a thought for you price-concious shavers out there.

Those of you who like pre-shaves might want to compare proraso's pre shave to a big whompin' can of noxema. Noxema has eucalyptus oil in it, and feels similar to proraso. The only thing different I can tell is the price. You can get a very large container of noxema at any grocery store for 5 bucks. I think the pre-post proraso cream is around 11-13 dollars. Just a thought for you price-concious shavers out there.

Interesting...which product exactly from Noxema?

Do you let the Noxema sit on your face or wipe it off before applying the lather?

Thanks FLTiger, much appreciated.

Are you still using that White Pre-Shave Proraso yourself?

My apologies for the late response, I've not been on these boards much, as of late.

I've not been using either Proraso preshave product lately, but that has more to do with the weather than anything else. Once it warms up, I'll be using each when it suits me.

Throughout the winter, I've been trying to use up my Provence Santé Verlaine shaving soap, so I can in good conscience yank it out of the bowl, replacing it with the green tea version. I am ever amazed at the longevity of soaps. As it is, it looks like my Verlaine aftershave will run out well before the soap does.

I use it every morning. I tried a few shave oils, and the regular pre-post Proraso. For me, the best thing is the Proraso white jar. I don't have time for a shower in the morning, plus I shower in the late afternoon after I run for an hour or play tennis.
When I wake up I wash my face for a minute or two with hot water. Then I apply a thin somewhat visible layer of the cream and let it sit for about 20 minutes while I have a cup of coffee and watch Mike and Mike in the Morning. Gives me the same result as if I had just taken a shower. And thus far, this is the only product to get the job done.

Ever try just using the proraso shaving cream in the same way? Wonder if that works.

You mean the cream or the preshave?

$Proraso-Pre-After-Shave-Cream-Aloe__62887_zoom.jpgThis one

Top Bottom