What's new

Simpsons 90th Anniversary Brush (Astor) Discussion Thread

Congradulations to both of you! This is quite possibly the most amazing brush I've ever owned, you're gonna love it! Now pics or it didn't happen!

I thought you were a shill bidder which is common in 'bay. Congratulations for your Astor.:thumbup1:

My Yiddish is a little rusty, but i'm not "shillaber" or "potted plant" I was simply A) a novice at auctions and B) determined to own an Astor! Besides I always thought the use of a shill or plant was illegal especially in auctions (although I believe a person planted in an audience in an effort to illicit a certain response such as laughter or applause was a legit shill).

Anyway, Astor hasn't arrived yet, so no pictures or gloating at this stage!

Last edited:
My Yiddish is a little rusty, buy i'm not "shillaber" or "potted plant" I was simply A) a novice at auctions and B) determined to own an Astor! Besides I always thought the use of a shill or plant was illegal especially in auctions (although I believe a person planted in an audience in an effort to illicit a certain response such as laughter or applause was a legit shill).

Not shillaber...

Shill Bidder

A shill or plant is a person who helps another person or organization to sell goods or services without disclosing that he or she has a close relationship with the seller.

Shill:

Noun:

A person paid to endorse a product favourably, while pretending to be impartial.

An accomplice at a confidence trick during an auction or gambling game.

Verb:

To promote as a fan or customer.

To put under cover; to sheal.

Etymology:

Origin uncertain; perhaps an abbreviation of the Yiddish shillaber. The word originally denoted a carnival worker who pretends to be a member of the audience in an attempt to elicit interest in an attraction

My Yiddish is a little rusty, but i'm not "shillaber" or "potted plant" I was simply A) a novice at auctions and B) determined to own an Astor! Besides I always thought the use of a shill or plant was illegal especially in auctions (although I believe a person planted in an audience in an effort to illicit a certain response such as laughter or applause was a legit shill).

You are right. I hope your Astor has arrived asap.

Etymology:

Origin uncertain; perhaps an abbreviation of the Yiddish shillaber. The word originally denoted a carnival worker who pretends to be a member of the audience in an attempt to elicit interest in an attraction

:thumbup:

Please update this list of owners whoever is keeping track of it.

Thanks, given that there's been a lot of new owners lately.

Out of curiosity, why is the original Astor discontinued? I'd sure buy one if it was part of the normal production...

This Astor is migrating from Houston, TX to Stuttgart, Germany. Thanks, Mr. Scruffy!

Along with Bill, I too picked up this brush (39/90) at the Austin meet up. I used it yesterday and today losing 12 and 4 hairs, respectively. :sad:

Otherwise it's a great feeling brush, real dense and it should soften up with a bit more use.

I used C&E Nomad SC yesterday, PC Old Spice scented SS today. Good lather, and really good lather! I think as the brush blooms and the tips soften with more uses it will lather creams and soaps equally well.

Yeah, yeah... I know... PICS!!!

Maybe tonight.

39/90

View attachment 92734

Astor and "Da Boyz"

View attachment 92735

Edit: Pics added, and actually the brush is numbered 39/90

Let's revive a 6 1/2 year old thread. #82 is on it's way to Danville, IN.
Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 20.00.01.png

Top Bottom