What's new

What is your go to pen and ink color?

TheShaun

Bejeweled
I was a big fan of the Parker jotter until I had one explode on me. And I do fancy, laugh all you want, the Bic Round Stick.

Also, blue is my ink of choice

proxy.php

proxy.php

the bic is a fine, serviceable pen that will never let you down. However, ... my favorite is a Waterman Opera in which I use Aurora Blue. Yes, it's a different ballgame entirely, but, like wet-shaving, a wonderful hobby to be involved in. There are about another forty or so in my lineup, with various colors of ink. And yes, I do use ball pens (occasionally,) and gel pens, but the FP is my pen of choice, and a wonderful way to deal with life in the high-speed, computerized age.

Vascillates between my Parker 51 and my Pelikan Pura. My M215 with a stub nib is reserved for signatures on cards etc.

My ink color changes all the time according to the pen. I really like the "Private Reserve" brand of inks, my favorite colors are 'Chocolate', 'Orange Crush', 'Copper Burst' and 'American Blue'. And sometimes I feel very conservative and will use my Pelikan 4001 "brilliant black" or "Royal Blue". But I guess right now my favorite is "Chocolate". Right now my go to pen is my Aurora Ipsilon with American Blue ink.

I have two favorite pens. Mont Blanc 146 and the Visconti Van Gogh fountain pens. Both are comfortable and not too large.

My favorite ink is Fountain Pen Network Van Gogh Starry Night blue. It's made by Noodlers.

Would love a nicer pen but being a social worker, my pens tend to get legs from time to time. I love these:

proxy.php

Uniball Jetstream RT Good combination of price/writing quality. Nice and retractable so I don't lose a cap too. Though the regular Jetstreams are quite nice too.

Now if I could just find a relatively inexpensive pen with an indestructible clip I'd be set.

Blue is my go to color, best way to tell if I have an original document or not! :001_cool:

Last edited:
Black Lamy loaded with Noodlers Bulletproof black. Or, a Blue Lamy loaded with Noodlers Bad Blue Heron also Bulletproof.

I never go anywhere without my Fisher Bullet Pen and Moleskine notebook.
It came standard with a black, medium cartridge. When that ran dry after a year, I replaced it with a blue, fine point.

proxy.php
proxy.php

The Fisher is a great pen - in fact it reminds me that I need to buy a couple to replace the one of I lost (which is the problem with such a compact pen!) - great pens for travelling. You can buy the x-mark version for as low as $15 on the internet.

I'm also a big fan of the Molekine - I just found a local source that sells them below retail and plan on getting a replacement soon - I really like the small cahier models - great for the briefcase.

Would love a nicer pen but being a social worker, my pens tend to get legs from time to time. I love these:

proxy.php

Uniball Jetstream RT Good combination of price/writing quality. Nice and retractable so I don't lose a cap too. Though the regular Jetstreams are quite nice too.

Now if I could just find a relatively inexpensive pen with an indestructible clip I'd be set.

Blue is my go to color, best way to tell if I have an original document or not! :001_cool:

This is my favourite ballpoint - just an amazing writer.

For most of my writing, my weapons of choice are typically my Pelikan 800, Lamy 2000 or Wateman Carene fountain pens.

Top Bottom