What's new

Hello Shavers

Hi everybody. I started taking some interest in the wetshaving routine pretty recently. Between reading some neat articles on Artofmanliness and stumbling upon Mantic's youtube videos (which have been very helpful), I was intrigued. Truth be told, I am young guy trying to maintain a tight budget. I was absolutely sold on the fact that I could replace single blades for pennies. I still think that the Mach3 is a decent shave, but the price of cartridges has been and still is ridiculous.

My very first purchase was the $8 Vanderhagen kit at walmart. I ultimately decided on the Weishi razor due to cost, and the fact that it's pretty mild and recommended for beginners. Upon doing some reading on sites like this, I realized that I had never tried Aqua Velva. That was like a light bulb going on when it first hit me, as soon as I tried I loved it. Last week my Bay Rum bonanza arrived, which is an awesome deal. The other day I received my order from westcoastshaving. From them I got a large supply of blades, a tube of Erasmic, and a a big jar of Taylor's sandalwood. I even bought a bottle of witch hazel after reading about it on sites like this.

Collectively I've only spent about eightyish, maybe a little more. But I can definitely see that number going up as I am just now in the research mode of the old Gillette razors. Although one of my first intents was to save a little cash, I am starting to embrace this thing as a hobby.

Anyways I feel like i owe some of you folks a big thanks for inadvertently influencing some of my buying decisions. (I'm happy with everything so far) I have learned a lot and I am looking forward to getting better.

Welcome to the Blade. Saving money, gets em every time!:wink2: Anyhow, it sounds like you picked up a nice set up, and I think you will enjoy your shaves from here on out. This can be an addicting hobby. Enjoy the bacon.

Welcome! I just got my new Gillette Super Speed today. It is a lot smaller than I thought it would be, but I look forward to using it. I think I might go for a Gillette tech razor next. Which Gillette razor are you thinking about gettting? Have fun and don't spend all your money.

I'm still trying to learn about them as much as I can. I would like to try an adjustable. Probably leaning toward the "slim" as the Fatboys are really up there. For the price of some of those Gillettes from the 60s, you might as well buy a new Progress. Anyways I'm still in the looking around mode but if you have any suggestions, let me know

Top Bottom