What's new

Northeast Ohio

Am moving up to the Northeastern Ohio area in the near future and am wondering about the wet shaving scene: I'll likely be within reasonable driving distance to both Akron & Cleveland. Anyone know of any good vendors in that area?

Yeah, I don't think there is anything other than the usual chains like C&E or L'Occitaine or AOS. Do a search in this forum for Cleveland and Akron and see if anything comes up.

I know this is reviving an old thread, but I just posted an Akron, OH thread. So in addition to the places mentioned in the Beachwood area (in that other thread), there are a few places in Akron. Kriegers in Cuyahoga falls (kiss my face, thayers witch hazel), West Point Market (cella and Provence sante, and a couple brushes, lots of handmade bath soaps), and the normal drug store stuff (williams, VDH, Clubman AS)

The Hartville Marketplace is a large flea market/ antque shop area where I've seen quite a few old razors.

Straight Razor Designs has a real store now called Imperial Shaving.

Google it, they have a facebook page with 20 or so pictures...looks good. my brother is going up there today and possibly dropping off a couple vintage straights I scored off of etsy.com (for $16 including shipping, one was still sharp enough tot ake the hair off my arm).

Update: visited imperial shaving today.

Great little shop. Some stock they had on the shelves was:
Truefitt and Hill soaps, creams, as, cologne, pre shave oil, etc
MWF soap, puck refills, body soaps
DR Harris soaps, creams, AS, hair products, tons of stuff
Thayers witch hazel, lots of scents
Pinaud line of AS, hair tonic, talc, etc.
Proraso line of products, soap, cream, pre,post shave, AS
Castle Forbes AS, cream, cologne
Lots of other hair tonics and shampoos, classic brands and scents
Lots of straight razors, merkur DE's, strops,
They have their own line of shaving soaps, and their own line of brushes, look very nice

There was more that I'm not listing here...and Don was a really nice guy.

They are in the near future putting in a barber/spa area. They will be doing hair, shaves, massages, manicures, pedicures, etc. Also, he is getting some furniture to put in a sitting area where you could hang out for a bit and make a new friend.

I'm going to try to stop in there every so often....gotta keep the guy in business so i have a local shave shop right?

Top Bottom