What's new

Shaving Frequency

I've been curious as to how often you all shave: daily, every 2nd, 3rd, alternating odds and evens, 6 days straight then break, etc...

With a Mach 3 I had very good shaves, shaving every 3rd day. Anything sooner was almost unthinkable. I switched to a DE, for a number of reasons, but with hopes that I could become an every-second-day-shaver (a reasonable goal I think).

Also, does shaving regularly produce a better shave? Today I shaved after 4 days. And while it was a pretty clean shave, it was also a lot of work to reduce the hair with each pass. I am sure if it was on the 2nd day it would be a much easier, cleaner, smoother shave. No?

In particular, I am curious as to how often experienced DE shavers shave. Moreover, I am very curious to know how frequently experienced DE shavers with sensitive skin shave.

I'd set up a poll, but I don't know how... I suppose this posting will do.

Anyone care to share their shaving frequency?

I, as a newbie, shave every 3rd day right now with hopes that by May I'll be shaving every 2nd day.

Daily.

Thinking of twice daily for special occasions (dates, weddings, parties, etc.). Once my skin becomes fully used to the new blade regime.

Before coming back to DE shaving, I would often skip a day, just to avoid the drudgery. Now, I find it very enjoyable, and I shave every day. If I don't shave in the morning, I'll shave at night, before I go to bed.

BTW... I have sensitive skin, so I know not to over-do my shaves. They are very presentable, and feel much smoother than what I would get using a cartridge razor. If I need to, I can always do a second shave at night. It will be more of a light touch-up... but, still enjoyable.

chop-chop

Daily with an occasional day off at the weekend. Usually in the morning but I have difficulty getting out of bed in winter when it's still dark so it's evenings at the moment!

Gareth

Daily with the str8 du jour, unless there is a new cream/soap that I can't wait to try. In which case, it would be two shaves that day. I do use a non-str8 sometimes, just for the variety.

Wayne

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Prior to DE shaving, I would shave every day except for weekends, unless there was a specific reason to shave, since DE shaving, everyday. And the days can not come fast enough :thumbup:

My beard doesn't grow fast enough to shave everyday, usually every 3 days for me. And through an occasional special event or something...

Daily, twice if I shave in the morning and am going out of an evening. I have been wet shaving for eight months, before that i would shave ever 3 or 4 days. Now the only problem I have is that once a day is not quite enough, to think of all those wasted years of crap in a can and Mach 3...........

I can hardly to a WTG 1 pass the day after I do an ATG bbs shave (which often are quite imperfect). This technique is coming very slow, and it seems my skin is hyper sensitive? Maybe it's too much pressure or improper angle, but if I shave ATG I am pushing my luck to shave ATG the next day and my face needs a definite break the day after that. My bbs' are few and far between giving myself so many much needed breaks. I also get the feeling that if I had a bbs, my face would be in trouble anyways.

Pretty much daily once in a while take one off. As mentioned more then once with a Mach 3 1-2 days off a week

Top Bottom