What's new

Shaving around the lips

I'm having trouble getting a BBS around the lips without cutting myself. The worst areas are on the mustache area just above the corner of the lips. If I get cuts they end up there. Any strategies?

Have you tried making "Oh!" faces? Or puffing up your lips by holding a little air in your mouth? Either technique may help to give you a less variable surface, so that you can more easily find the right angle.

I've found opening my mouth and curving my lips over my teeth helps. Also stretching as tightly as I comfortably can with my thumb and forefinger.

The above do work great. You can also try pushing your tongue up under the lip to raise that area. Same for the lower lip area. :thumbup1:

Good advice above. Nothing to add except even when you're doing touch up work, dab a little lather on the area with your fingers before you shave it. Razor + no lather = well, not good.

Have you tried making "Oh!" faces? Or puffing up your lips by holding a little air in your mouth? Either technique may help to give you a less variable surface, so that you can more easily find the right angle.

This or using your tongue to press the lips out tends to help. I've also found that I can clean up the corners of my mouth quite well by shaving from the outside in, i.e. from cheek towards center of mouth while sporting the "Oh" face.

Top Bottom