What's new

Show Your Custom Shavemac!

There are some awesome looking brushes posted here. I ended up with 2 Shavemacs delivered to me due to a late shipment ordeal.

I reported the second extra brush and I countered offered an already reduced price for it and Shavemac surprisingly agreed. I practically stold it. I call them my Shavemac Twins :)

I will keep them both for now. I have had 3 shaves with one so far and it has plenty of backbone plus the tips feel luxurious, can't wait to fully break it in.

The shaving brushes are 41440 Models with 21x44mm D01 2-Band Bulb Knots. Will be making a custom bamboo-granite stand for them sometime in the future.

proxy.php
[/URL] [/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well look what came in the mail today!
Shape 173, Color Brown Black
21mm Finest set at 48mm

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Finest knot! Looks more like a D01. Finest is definitely the best Shavemac value.

It does look like a very nice Finest knot....very nice looking brush. I think the D01's are more dense then Finest, but I have not had both in my den.

My D01-3 band was much more dense then my Shavemac Silvertip. So even though the Finest may be as soft and have the same white tips and look as a D01, they probably have less hair which isn't always a bad thing for a brush.

Well this came today:

Style: 102
Material: Tortoise
Knot: D01 3-band Silvertip
Diameter: 26mm
Loft: 52mm

after a little bath:

Top view:

and next to its Rudy Vey Shavemac brother:

I had been apprehensive about the two band, but man, I'm glad I got that for this brush. No scritch even on the first shave, and phenomenal backbone. This may end up as my favorite brush

I had been apprehensive about the two band, but man, I'm glad I got that for this brush. No scritch even on the first shave, and phenomenal backbone. This may end up as my favorite brush

I agree, I had read that the 2-band could have some scritch and had unforgiving backbone, but mine is awesome. The backbone is just right and mine has no scritch, but is very scrubby. It's a great change of pace. The newer 3-band that's pictured above is much softer though and still has a fair amount of backbone...it's just not scrubby, or at least not like the 2-band.

I've been waiting for quite sometime to order a D01 two band to my liking, I think (...and hope) this will be "The One" :biggrin1::
D01 Two band,
20mm/48mm,
handle style 25,
With transparent acrylic handle, like on the 163 style,
fan shape, and logo at the bottom.

I don't think I've seen this combination of handle/color before, hopefully will get it in a few days...!

can anyone tell me does he have any other materials than whats on the expert site? ive seen a couple i really like. i also like the all clear lucite but i have not seen any of those posted recently? i think a couple shavemacs are in order for my next brushes.

thanks

can anyone tell me does he have any other materials than whats on the expert site? ive seen a couple i really like. i also like the all clear lucite but i have not seen any of those posted recently? i think a couple shavemacs are in order for my next brushes.

thanks

What you're thinking about falls more inline with a custom order from Shavemac.

Drop Bernd an email. . . . . [email protected]

It doesn't hurt to drop him a message indeed, but I think all the materials he uses are under some form on his website, but after knowing that, I think you can match any design to any material he has, and of course any size.

It doesn't hurt to drop him a message indeed, but I think all the materials he uses are under some form on his website, but after knowing that, I think you can match any design to any material he has, and of course any size.

He has other materials. You just have to ask what he has.

After a few days use I am really happy with this knot. The D01 three band has a little of everything. The 23x48 spec was recommended by Rudy and the feel is just what I wanted dense, soft and a perfect amount of scritch. glad I chose the bulb, it did not bloom like crazy. I wonder if 2 band D01 is like this, but no scritch?

How's the backbone on the 23x48 D01 three band? I'm considering one with similar specs (probably 24x48 or 24x50). I want a good amount of backbone, but not as much as the 2-band would give.

Top Bottom