What's new

How often do you clean your razor?

So how often do you clean your razor? Do you go all out with each cleaning, or just try to get most of the cream/soap scum off?

I clean mine with every blade change. I usually scrub them with an old tooth brush and a little soap.

Every Blade change, Them once a month I wax the top with simi to protect the finish on the antique ones I am using.

Once a week-

Water and toothbrush reserved for the purpose. Shake dry and let air dry apart overnight. Next morning new blade.

It's a Sunday ritual.

I alternate between about 6 razors, so none of them gets scuzzy fast. I usually soak them all in Scrubbing Bubbles and clean them with a toothbrushonce/month. Easy to do them all at once, and I like to keep them clean.

jim

Usually when I've just changed the blade and the razor looks like it has too much soap scum. I just pour rubbing alcohol on it and whipe it with a paper towel, no fancy stuff, it gets rid of the soap scum in a second.

Generally after each blade change. A little Scrubbing Bubbles go a long way.:biggrin:

+ 3

I have a small rotation of razors. I use one 'til time for blade change. Then, when I'm down to my last clean one, I remove the blades and hose them off with Scrubbing Bubbles.

-Jim

I give them a wipe with a towel each time I change the blade. More thorough cleaning less often depending on use, buildup, etc.

Once a month...if I'm lucky. When I do clean them, I make sure to give them a through cleaning with my Mr. Clean Magic Erasers.

Posted this elsewhere:

Treat it to a bath, using Calgon Bath Beads or Calgon Bubble Bath.

The original product consisted of powdered sodium hexametaphosphate (amorphous sodium polyphospate), which in water would complex with ambient calcium ion and certain other cations, preventing formation of unwanted salts and interference by those cations with the actions of soap or other detergents. Its name suggests "calcium gone". Originally promoted for general use in bathing and cleaning, it gave rise to derivative products which have diverged from the original composition.

In plain English, it will get rid of soap scum. :wink2:

One additional thought... Purchase it for your SO/SWMBO :thumbup1:, and borrow some to keep your razor lookin' good!

chop-chop

Top Bottom