What's new

Sharp, sharper, holy crap

B

bluefoxicy

So I finally managed somewhat. My straight cuts arm hairs now, thanks to a lot of help and advice.

I drew along the bevel with a sharpie and went at it on my Norton 8k, and noticed the tip wasn't honing. X honing corrected that, weird.

Holy crap, this thing is suicidally sharp right off the hone. It needs time with the Chinese 12k and some decent stroping (I should buy a Filly strop...) before I'm ready to shave with it though. Truth be told, I want that polish on the blade; it just might shave me as is though o_O

You should be able to shave comfortably off the norton. Lots of us shaved like that for years back before the coticules and shaptons were readily and inexpensively available.

B

bluefoxicy

It does indeed shave. I didn't get a great shave with it, but better than when I first got it...technique has improved, though I mocked it this time (20 laps on the strop before starting; didn't really stretch the skin).

No cuts, no irritation, and I swear I have a really crappy shave but that blade took off massive amounts of hair every single pass. Way more than my other razors. How the heck do I still have a fuzzy face? :confused1

I hit myself with Dominica Bay Rum. This stuff stings, due to probably bad technique and pressure. Usually, after a DE shave or a pass with the Feather AC, it's not so much stinging as

BURNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AUGH OH GOD HELP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP AAAAUGHAUGAUWAUAUAUGHHHH!!!

but this time it was mildly painful, a little bite but eh. No worse than an alum block.

Need Chinese 12k....

Top Bottom