What's new

A born again with growing aquisition disorders.

While I have been replying to posts for a month or so I thought it was time I checked in. .
Like most people, I was getting annoyed by the high cost of M3s and wanted something more reliable and more rewarding. It took me a while to track down a new DE and not knowing a lot i started with a weishi from the shaver shop, some proraso soap and an omega pure badger brush. The weishi came with a pack of dorco 300s. First shave i lathered in the proraso tub and got close to BBS. It wasnt too much of a stretch as i actually first learnt to shave with my dad's DE, and only switched to multiple-blades about 8 years ago.
Since the first shave I have found a cheap white ceramic bowl to make my lather in, purchased some
horrible wilkinson sword blades, picked up the Aussie menz biz blade sampler pack and have developed a RAD and SSAD.
I have picked up at the local antique stores.what I think is a British 1942 Tech, a Wade shaving mug, and another badger brush.
I worked out how

View attachment 91670

The tech is a lot more agressive but is giving me excellent shaves. Currently trying the tech with some treets and swapping between face and bowl lathering and trialing different soaps and creams as the proraso seems to dry my face out a bit more than I'd like..
I'm using a 4 pass shave on my face and chin (2xWTG, XTC, ATG) and a two pass WTG on my neck..
My birthday is coming up and I think I've dropped enough hints and left enough web browsers open to hopefully get a Merkur HD so I can add another razor and trial a highly rated new compared to the excellent Tech.

Thanks guys for all the tips, reviews and tricks. I wouldn't have made it back to wet shaving without you.

Last edited:
Welcome to B&B! Sounds like you're making a good start. AD's are hard to resist! The Tech is a nice razor...usually rated as mild...especially loaded with a sharp blade! :thumbup:

Top Bottom