What's new

San Francisco

I recently took a trip to San Francisco and here are my 5 favorite photos. All taken with a Nikon D70 and either the 18-70 kit lens or the 35mm 1.8.

-Dungeness Crab and Sourdough on Fishermens Wharf
-Boats at rest, Fishermens Wharf
-the wreck of the Sutro Baths, near the Cliff House
-Italian Cafe reflected in a motorcycle rear view mirror, North Beach
-playing with natural light at the Rickhouse Bar (an excellent bar BTW)

Thanks for allowing me to share these,

Jim

Nice:thumbup: Those crabs look good.

Thanks - I was lucky that dungeness are still in season. Had them for dinner at Scoma's on the wharf - very old-school place, reminds me of "Danny's" from the old Quincy show. Good crabs but too much work for me; I guess I'm spoiled by the king crab.

Great photos. San Francisco is my favorite city in the US and home to Greens, the best vegetarian restaurant I have ever encountered.

Thanks for all the great compliments - here are a couple more to share:

-awesome WPA murals at the base of Coit Tower
-a young tourist waiting for the Cable Car to move @ the car turntable
-sketching Rodin at the Palace of the Legion of Honor
-blending of old and new: Transamerica Tower and St. Patrick's (I think?) in North Beach
-a sign near and dear to the heart of B and B'ers

Have a great weekend everyone!

Jim

Greens is quite a find isn't it? I haven't been there in awhile but the food is great!

The food is wonderful, and particularly for a land-locked Kansan like myself it's an incredible experience to watch the sun setting over the Bay through the windows.

Last time I was in SF I convinced a bunch of skeptical meat-loving friends to go there with me, and we all left stuffed and satisfied.

I've only been a few times, but North Beach is a lot of fun - I went to L'Osteria del Forno a few weekends ago and the food was fantastic.

I have no words for how much I wish I was in sf right now :(

also that last shot in the frist post is well really good, well done!

Top Bottom