What's new

Penhaligon's Esprit du Roi

Do any of you have any info on this discontinued frag? There's a 1/2 full 100ml bottle up for sale on ebay. Would love to know what it smells like.

It's listed on Basenotes but no one's written anything about it. Any info and/or opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I have never heard of that one....how long has it been since they made it?

I hadn't heard of it, either. The seller says he bought it in '93. According to him, it "...has citrus notes - fresh and sophisticated in my opinion - but I am not that perfurme expert."

I posted a thread on Basenotes about it. No hits there yet, either.

Gee....that little description only narrows it down to about a gazillion different scents......"citrus notes"...."fresh and sophisticated" (whatever that means?)

Gee....that little description only narrows it down to about a gazillion different scents......"citrus notes"...."fresh and sophisticated" (whatever that means?)

Yeah, no kidding. I was hoping for a little specificity but no such luck.

Oh well. No big deal. I'm happy to let this one go.

May I suggest emailing Penhaligon's and asking them what the notes were? Suspect they are the most likely to know, failing finding someone who has used it.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Option 1:

"Oh man, this stuff is awesome! When I wear this cologne, I get overwhelmed with hotties throwing themselves at me, but my wife doesn't like that so I have to sell this bottle or settle for a second bachelorhood of first-rate playboy glory! I guess I'll stick with the wife."

Option 2:

"Meh. I've had this since 1993 and only made it halfway through the bottle. Pretty uninspiring if you ask me, but whatever. Doubtless someone will pony up some dough for the Penhaligon's name."

:wink2:

Option 1:

"Oh man, this stuff is awesome! When I wear this cologne, I get overwhelmed with hotties throwing themselves at me, but my wife doesn't like that so I have to sell this bottle or settle for a second bachelorhood of first-rate playboy glory! I guess I'll stick with the wife."

Option 2:

"Meh. I've had this since 1993 and only made it halfway through the bottle. Pretty uninspiring if you ask me, but whatever. Doubtless someone will pony up some dough for the Penhaligon's name."

:wink2:

Option 3:

"Wow, I love this stuff but I need more $$ for <insert drug of choice here>. Guess I'll have to sell my Pen's but big deal -- can't really smell anymore anyway."

Top Bottom