What's new

Discussion Thread - 2006 Badger & Blade EJ Brush - Horn Handle in Finest Badger

Ahhhh I got the same one and I just cannot wait for it to arrive. Thanks for addressing any minor worries people had about the finest being floppy. Good stuff!

Thanks for the review. I had just about made up my mind to order the horn in standard silvertip, as I think I want a little firmer/stiffer feel. Your review is now causing me to second-quess that decision. Oh, well - I still have a couple of days to decide (and to convince my wife that I should order the brush, despite the fact that I have already foolishly admitted that I do not really need another brush!)

Been shaving the last few days using this brush. I'm very glad I bought it, it's wonderful. There's a couple of days left to order this item. If you want (need) a great brush, I recommend you order while you still can and not miss out on this deal.

-- John Gehman

Joel posted a lot of pictures when he was testing out the brush prototypes with John. In that spirit I feel that I need to post a video about what it is like to use this brush from the point of lathering to actual use.

Brush Wheelie!!!

Enjoy!!! :biggrin: :scared:

Am I the only one that got one with a HORRIBLE smell?

I mean... it's really strong... I barely made it through my first shave without vomiting

Most brushes come with the "I'm Dead and proud to show it" smell. I've found that washing in Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo and then letting it stand in Suave Coconut scented conditioner overnight is about all it takes before the first use. I would never use a brush without at least washing it first...I found out the hard way with a new Shavemac...:cursing:

I mean... it's really strong... I barely made it through my first shave without vomiting

Michael,

That's strange because mine came with the faintest whiff of smell when I pulled it out of the box but that was it. After putting it through a blossoming soap I still did not detect anything out of the ordinary. I'm sorry yours came in smelling like that!!! =(

Mine had a scent, but after soaking in a mild borax + hair conditioner solution, no problemo.

Marty

Where can i buy this brush?

You'll have to buy one if/when one comes up for sale in the Sale/Trade forum. Monday, Feb 5th, was the last day to order one from TESC. There is supposed to be a 2007 B&B brush, but there are no details on it yet and it's doubtful we'll here much about it until much later in the year.

My brush arrive about a week ago. Some notes:
Scent: little to none
Lather: Massive amounts with soap or creme. I think I could shave 3 people with the amount of lather that the brush generates.
Stiffness: Was a little worried about finest being a little floppy. Not to worry; this brush is great without being coarse on the face. Oh well, I am sure that I will enjoy the standard Silvertip that I ordered too.
Balance: Did not quite recognize that the handle was on the small side from the pictures of the testing performed. No matter, the balance and feel of the brush was perfect in my hand!

Bottom line: what a brush! I am really impressed...

i also got my Silvertip horn brush today in the mail.

my notes:

- very nicely packed. definitely not floppy in the least bit
- the handle was a tad smaller then i had expected and the handle does weigh more then i thought. it does have the metal at the bottom :)
- it absorbs and holds an AMAZING amount of water
- i will need to adjust my lathering water/soap ratio for this brush
- i thought i had too little water while making my lather then kept swirling and more and more water came out of the bristles and i ended up having plenty
- after swirling in my lather bowl or my soap the bristles spread out leaving that center open look, it dries normal but wish there was some way around this open center.
- smell ... by jebus mine stunk. faint smell when dry but as soon as it got wet it had what i would think is old cigarette smell. not wet dog smell like my savile row had for the first week, definitely more cigarette'y smell. ewww
- the bristles feel amazingly soft. i thought my best badger was soft...ha!

overall, great brush, i like the smaller knot size. i need to work on my lathering ratio and amount with the smaller knot size. im still amazed at the amount of water it retains.

~J

A must have piece, the best value in brushes, EVER. I am a contrarian here, but I prefer the floppy mob of the EJ super badger better. A larger handle would have made this handle even better.

Top Bottom