What's new

Speakeasy Aquisitions -- March / April 2010

A NOS Parker Super 21 arrived today along with a bottle of Noodler's Manhattan Blue and Blue/Black. My first fountain pen. Filled it already with the Manhattan Blue. Already ink stains all over my fingers. Pen writes great. I thinK I'm going to like this...

Ben

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
A NOS Parker Super 21 arrived today along with a bottle of Noodler's Manhattan Blue and Blue/Black. My first fountain pen. Filled it already with the Manhattan Blue. Already ink stains all over my fingers. Pen writes great. I thinK I'm going to like this...

Ben
FPAD on the way... :001_rolle

Trust me, back away now. It's worse than shaving. Especially once you start experimenting with pen, ink, paper combinations. Run. RUN!

proxy.php

BOOM! BOOM! (thunderball's not foolin' around this month...:001_tongu)

Sort of a personal score for me. My father just handed over his set of pipes to me that date back to the 1950's and 60's. Plus a rather distinctive lighter that needs to be checked out.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

X 725-845

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Inc. New York I.N.Y.
TOP GRAIN
COWHIDE

Pics will follow, but I just finished the purchases for my kegerator setup. When done, it will fit two 5 gallon Cornelius (homebrew) kegs, and the CO2 tank in the fridge. Also, picked up the ingredients for the first two batches to be kegged: a Czech Pils, and a Two hearted ale clone.

I might never get anything done again....

Picked up a bottle of Basil Hayden, which is a new one for me, and Russell's Reserve Rye, which is a standby for Manhattans. Also a 6-pack of Tanner's Jack, and a variety of wine (sorry, can't remember them all).

Glenlivet's Triumph limited edition of their Nadurra line finally made it down to Atlanta so I swung by and picked up a couple at lunch today.

Nice 28 bore Browning Cynergy. Not quite "traditional" styling but very very nice handling and pointing. Mine has a nice little engraving on each side (flushing pheasant and landing duck respectively). I couldn't find an exact picture online.

I normally go for the nice classic style shotguns. This one just felt perfect for lighter upland fare and preserves.

A Perdomo Sampler just came in last night from Cigars International. It includes

3 - Perdomo Habano Corojo Toro (5.5" x 54)
3 - Perdomo Habano Maduro Toro (5.5" x 54)
3 - Perdomo Lot 23 Connecticut Toro (6" x 50)
3 - Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Toro (6" x 50)

Looking forward to enjoying these as the weather gets warmer here in Jersey.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
A Perdomo Sampler just came in last night from Cigars International. It includes

3 - Perdomo Habano Corojo Toro (5.5" x 54)
3 - Perdomo Habano Maduro Toro (5.5" x 54)
3 - Perdomo Lot 23 Connecticut Toro (6" x 50)
3 - Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Toro (6" x 50)

Looking forward to enjoying these as the weather gets warmer here in Jersey.

The Habano Corojo and the Lot 23 Natural are two of my favorite cigars. The corojo wrapper has an awesome spicy flavor, and the Lot 23 is buttery smooth. MMMmmmm

This is my second BHP. John Moses Browning got it right with this one. When I first started concealed carry, A BHP was all that I had. It was way to heavy, so I switched to a G23. I also like the .40 S&W better for personal defense.

I managed to pick up a couple of nice things in March.

First was my humidor. It's not a very big one but it'll keep me in cigars for a little while. I'm currently using the oasis out of my travel humidor until my heart felt beads arrive.

proxy.php

Now you can't have a humidor without cigars so I picked up a few to get the ball rolling.

proxy.php

This is the travel humidor I picked up. It fits 4 No5 size cigars or 3 bigger ones.

proxy.php

And lastly but by far means leastly, my St Dupont lighter. The initials in the cartouche are JF and my initials are JE so it's not going to be too hard to get my jeweller to change the F to an E.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Legion

Staff member
I found this antique railway / school clock at the rubbish tip shop yesterday for practically nothing. Spent all afternoon and evening pulling it apart and tinkering with it. The pendulum was floating around inside loose, and a mechanno key turned out to be the right size to wind it.

It now works and is running about +/- 1 minute a day! I am pretty proud of myself since it is my first clock repair and I pretty much just worked it all out as I went (and didn't end up with pieces left over... like usually happens when I repair something this complicated :bored:)

I was thinking of doing a cosmetic restoration on the case and face but now that it is on the wall I think I like it beat up. Plus I should probably quit while I'm ahead...

proxy.php

I picked up a bottle of Yamazaki 18 and a liter of Buffalo Trace on Friday. The BT was an impulse buy because I didn't think it had made it to Atlanta just yet.

Top Bottom