What's new

Closest Modern Day Razor to the razor in the SRP logo?

Ok,

As a Newb to str8s...I know that I dont know anything...so at least I know something :001_tt2:

But what I do know, is that I'm mesmerized by the shape of the razor in the SRP logo. Something hearty, curvy and with a big barber's notch.

Does something really exist in modern day like that razor?

Ok,

As a Newb to str8s...I know that I dont know anything...so at least I know something :001_tt2:

But what I do know, is that I'm mesmerized by the shape of the razor in the SRP logo. Something hearty, curvy and with a big barber's notch.

Does something really exist in modern day like that razor?

Many of the sheffield makers have nice smiling razors with the barber's notch.

I have a W&B that is a pretty good example, though not quite as exaggerated as the SRP logo.

Last edited:
depends who you ask. There is a lot of debate about the barber's notch, but the hump allows better grip, angle and maneuverability for me. I find smiling blades are easier to avoid 'catching' myself unintentionally, and also aesthetically pleasing.

Yeah, if you want a brand-spanking new one - you're probably looking at a custom. However, there are some really excellent vintage blades available. You'll spend less and get more.

Man...W&B has some awesome ones too! Looks like I know what I'm going to hunt for when I start to get decent shaves with these things :smile:

Looks like a frameback with a barbers notch and a long monkey tail. I've never seen one, but I agree that Sheffield makers would be the place to look.

Yeah, sarcasm doesn't really show up in plaintext. I figured you knew the difference, but thought I'd clarify for the new folks who perhaps don't.

Nice razors there!

OMG:

TI Worked Back 6/8, with barber's notch and thumb notch

Think I'm in love...

No need to buy now...no need to buy now...have three great ones on the way....no need to buy now.

That razor I pointed out "The perfect razor". There's actually one listed on eBay (weird coincidence). It's cheap, but it's honed down to a nub. 4/8" (looks like the one on that site is at least 6/8")

Search for Depew's in collectibles/vanity/shaving/straights if interested. It ends in like 2 hrs. I'd buy it, but that is way too damn much wear for me (and I already have a monkey tail razor).

Its here.

I think once I get the hang of str8s...these type of razors will become my norm. I just love the curved aesthetics.

Right now...I'm thinking I need to buy a close to pristine Wade & Butcher barber's notch "The Celebrated" series when I get the hang of these things...can't stop looking at them!

This one is amazing to me here.

But I really like the bigger ones too.

I dont even have my str8s in yet and I'm hooked!

What the hell do I do with all my DEs? :lol:

Top Bottom