What's new

Omega 10065 series

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
It is a good boar brush produced by a good brand.
Anyhow I am not a fan of this kind of brushes, since I exclusively use badger brushes now.
And badger brushes are MUCH better, no doubt.

Last edited:
It is a good boar brush produced by a good brand.
Anyhow I am not a fan of this kind of brushes, since I exclusively use badger brushes now.
And badger brushes are MUCH better, no doubt.

Marco at the moment I like face lathering with creams and I dont think I will move into soaps, as I like more the denser thicker lather that is produced from creams.

So you think I should stick with my two badgers? Why in your opinion you prefer more the budgers? Shouldnt I experiment with a boar too? Does it take much more time to produce lather on face?

I have a similar one by Omega. It's a very well made brush and is much nicer than you'd expect for the price - great value. But if you are primarily bowl lathering with creams you are going to be better off sticking with the brushes you already have.

I have the Omega 10066. Same brush, but with a white handle instead of the choice of colors. I like it alot. I bought to have something different than my Omega Pro 10048/49, which has a really high loft. This one has a shorter loft, so it is a little easier to keep lather from going everywhere. I find it to be a good boar brush, and I like the shorter loft. Plus for nine bucks at WCS, you can't go wrong and you get to try something new.

I've got a 80005 Omega boar brush which is somewhat similar to the one you posted ... i purchased it for about 10 dollars & it's worth every penny in my opinion ... i would definitely try out if i were you plus i doubt you'd be breaking the bank to purchase that brush.

badger brushes are MUCH better, no doubt.
What you mean is "I prefer badger brushes". Its quite clear from many threads that this is a matter of personal choice. I prefer boar brushes having owned several very respectable badgers myself. To me there's no doubt that the Omega's are tops

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco at the moment I like face lathering with creams and I dont think I will move into soaps, as I like more the denser thicker lather that is produced from creams.

So you think I should stick with my two badgers? Why in your opinion you prefer more the budgers? Shouldnt I experiment with a boar too? Does it take much more time to produce lather on face?

Some people like boar brushes, I simply do not.
Boar hair is very different from badger hair, since it is much stiffer.
For this reason I personally do not like how it feels on my face.
Also, boar brushes are unable to hold as much water as badger brushes, hence the lather you get is less thick and creamy.

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
What you mean is "I prefer badger brushes". Its quite clear from many threads that this is a matter of personal choice. I prefer boar brushes having owned several very respectable badgers myself. To me there's no doubt that the Omega's are tops

Dear Steve,

Like everyone else here, I'm clearly giving my own opinion.
And you forgot to mention that, in my first post here on the subject, I DID say that it's "a good boar brush produced by a good brand", even if I do not like boar brushes at all.

Last edited:
Well the price of these brushes at my local super market is 5,45€, so I ll probably just buy one, just to have an opinion abt boar brushes.

What makes me wanting to try one, is the fact that I like more my pure badger brush than my superbuger as it is a bit stiffer.

Once Ill try it Ill let you know

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Well the price of these brushes at my local super market is 5,45€, so I ll probably just buy one, just to have an opinion abt boar brushes.

What makes me wanting to try one, is the fact that I like more my pure badger brush than my superbuger as it is a bit stiffer.

Once Ill try it Ill let you know

Right choice, Hit.
The best way to actually see if you like something is to test it by yourself.
Let us know your opinion!

Hi Marco. There are many BandB members with so much experience and authority that I feel personal opinion should be stated as such. If Asylum Guido, for example advised us not to buy a certain Gillette due to quality issues or dubbed something a good deal, I think most of us would consider the matter officially settled. Its best to be clear about what is or isn't personal opinion.

Also, boar brushes are unable to hold as much water as badger brushes, hence the lather you get is less thick and creamy.

Actually, Boar Bristles absorb more water than Badger Hairs. This is why boars take so much longer to dry than badger. I think badgers are more stuffed, and therefore the more water holding ability is more a function of knot construction. I use both badgers and boars, depending on the mood I am in, and spend generally the same amount of time creating lather with either one. I find my lathers from badger and boar to be equal in quality. But then, I have also never used a really bad boar, all have been Omega. But then, my lathering method may be different than yours, as I start with a fully squeezed and shaken brush. Badger or boar, they are both at about the same "wetness" level when I start the loading process.

Well I think it actually depends on what you mean by holding water. Badger and boar will actually hold close to the same amount water. It's just that boar bristle will, as Phil pointed out, absorb a lot of that water whereas badger won't do that quite so much. So ultimately, boar doesn't hold as water between the bristles whereas badger does, and there's a nice video here that demonstrates this if anyone is interested.

Regardless, I too find my lathers from badger and boar to be equal in quality.

That was a pretty interesting video, and I think fairly accurate. Badgers always seem nearly dry after I'm done with them, Boars... not so much.

Regardless, I too find my lathers from badger and boar to be equal in quality.

As do I.

I personally find the "badger brushes hold more water than boars" line to be a bunch of bunk. Since I squeeze most of the water out of the brush before using it, the amount of water it is capable of holding is 100% meaningless to the ability of the brush to build lather.

So boar holds less water than badger, doesn't matter in the slightest, as both still retain enough water to build a more than adequate lather.

But not prepared at the same time? do boars take more time for face lathering?

Neither do I, face or bowl lathering seems to take about the same time as a badger. I think I spend more time making lather when I bowl lather with either one though. I tend to "play" with the lather more when it is in a bowl.

Neither do I, face or bowl lathering seems to take about the same time as a badger. I think I spend more time making lather when I bowl lather with either one though. I tend to "play" with the lather more when it is in a bowl.

Ic.

Mantic claimed that boars take more time to produce lather, that's why I asked

Top Bottom