What's new

My first straight razor shave

Hi everybody,

I'd been lurking on this forum for ages without registering and a few years ago it introduced me to DE razors, brushes and soaps, which I've been using for a while. Today I decided finally to join the site because of a momentous occasion: I just had my first shave with a straight razor and I'd never had this much fun shaving before!

The razor in question was TI Le Grelot 6/8 from rasurpur (excellent service) with Trumper's Violets SS and Executive Shaving Best Badger (finished with jojoba oil and Penhaligon's Castille cologne). Took me at least half an hour, including running to my computer a couple of times to consult Joel's youtube video but the result is not half bad and I only managed to nick my thumb when changing hands. Probably the most amazing thing (apart form feeling like a REAL man :)) is that with a straight razor one can see exactly what the blade is doing with the hair and this makes it a lot easier to adjust your technique as needed.

Needless to say, I'm a complete beginner and it will take ages to achieve the level so casually exhibited by members of this forum but I definitely look forward to that journey.

Jan

Welcome to B&B and congrats on your first str8 shave! Hoping to have my first str8 shave in the coming couple of weeks!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

Congrats on the straight shave!

Welcome to B&B and I hope you'll enjoy your time as a member more than before! And as you've posted in another thread... We can make Czechoslovak group here :wink2:. Vitaj!

Welcome to B&B and I hope you'll enjoy your time as a member more than before! And as you've posted in another thread... We can make Czechoslovak group here :wink2:. Vitaj!

Good to see there are some close neighbours on this forum :)

Top Bottom