What's new

The Baking Soda Trick

So after reading about using a pinch of baking soda to help ease the troubles of hard water, I decided to give it a go. I put a small amount in the bottom of my lather bowl before soaking my brush in it. Before this, my brush was in a pretty bad need for cleaning. As soon as I began to pick up soap with the brush (Penworks Finest) I noticed an improvement in quality. The shave itself was better, and oddly when I rinsed out the brush several weeks of heavy soap residue came out with the lather. For the last week I have been getting fantastic shaves with Pre de Provence (formerly in my reject closet) and my skin is looking better than ever.

My question is this: How is this working exactly? How does adding bicarbonate affect the mineral content of the water?

The baking soda trick didn't really work for me. Don't know why that was. I nuke a cup of bottled water for soaking the brush and building the lather. I have no problem getting a nice lather now.

The baking soda trick didn't really work for me. Don't know why that was. I nuke a cup of bottled water for soaking the brush and building the lather. I have no problem getting a nice lather now.

nuked lol I do the same with purified water. The lather is awesome

Top Bottom