What's new

First 2 shaves under my belt....

So I opened up my package o' shaving fun last night.

I just HAD to get a shave in yesterday...also did one today.

Initial observation was that I did nick myself a few times on the first go -- but then again, I nick myself with the plastic cartridge garbage as well (and have even nicked myself with an electric).

All in all, I've done a pretty good job -- no nicks the second time around.

One thing I need to improve is my technique for the jawline and ESPECIALLY under my chin.

I have to say, alum blocks really do tighten up the face. I can still feel the effect over an hour and a half later! :biggrin:

Sounds like you not only survived... but, you came out ahead of the game. Good stuff!

To maybe over-simplify the chin area, you can almost think of having two different planes... the sides of your face, and your neck. The chin is the transitional and curved surface. A series of shorter strokes in this area will help tremendously. If you can think of what a spline graph looks like, that would help. A spline graph is a series of very short straight lines which are used to define or map out a curved surface, mechanically, for CAD programs. This differs from a program for a continuous curve. I hope that makes sense.

Here's to smooth shavin'!

chop-chop

The neck in general is tricky and the jawline especially so. But experience will quickly teach you to shave that area. Mantic's video on advanced shave techniques will explain blade-buffing (also discussed and described in my blog), and that will usually polish up the jawline.

Top Bottom