What's new

eBay sellers make me laugh.

VDH brush for $15... so let me get this straight...
I can own a $7.50 brush
That's currently 50% off at every CVS in the country
For only $15?

Steal!

Or the seller is just un-informed. They may not know that the particular brush that they just bought at the garage sale or estate sale retails for $7.99 at Walmart. My point is the seller may not be trying to intentionally pull the wool over someones eyes.

DL

You know I like optimism and I also like to think good of people but sometimes you have to wonder if certain auctions are set up just for those that don’t know any better.

Pretty sure it's dutch, so unfortunately, not a case of innocent ignorance.

Not unlike the $10 pucks of (New) Williams you see there.

Oh this SCAD title can't end quick enough, seeing as I've never used a shaving cream. Every time I see it I think, that makes noooooo sense. Bring back WWND!

I've been finding highe prices at eBay lately. A lot of people automatically assume tha eBay has the lowest prices anywhere, so that's usually the first place they look. Sellers know this and have been raising prices because a lot of buyers think that is the best price they'll find.

So I only go to eBay for old, antique, out-of-production, and unique items. Otherwise, I usually find the best prices from small online retailers. Though I've also found better prices at independent bricks n' mortar stores, too. My watch dealer consistently beats online prices and my luggage was cheaper in the store than anywhere online.

Or the seller is just un-informed. They may not know that the particular brush that they just bought at the garage sale or estate sale retails for $7.99 at Walmart. My point is the seller may not be trying to intentionally pull the wool over someones eyes.

DL

$7.99 for the brush?? The WalMart here has the bowl and soap included for $7.49!!!!

Yeah I think it's 7.50 at my walmart for the kit or 5 maybe 6 for the brush... when they carried it. I think they ONLY have the kits now.

Ebay sellers can be quite dumb or else they rely on dumb buyers. I just did a search for a product and prices are all over the place for buy-it-now. So I can buy it from one seller for 7 dollars or get the same exact thing from another seller for 20? Do sellers not even try to compete with eachother?

Top Bottom