What's new

Never had pimples--have small ones now

OK, I have never had a problem with acne or even occasional pimples. Now, I occasionally get very small pimples after shaving but only on my chin. I am wondering what this could be from. My guesses:
1. Because my shaves are so much closer now, when the beard growth begins it causes some kind of small clogging or something?
2. The after shave balm is causing it (gent's refinery and maca root razor relief...not together, just different times)
3. The after shave splash causes it (aqua velva. i always use a balm after use of this as my face dry's).

Again, these are very small pimples that almost develop immediately (maybe 1 or 2 on my chin). Just curious what it might be and suggestions to keep it from happening would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

OK, I have never had a problem with acne or even occasional pimples. Now, I occasionally get very small pimples after shaving but only on my chin. I am wondering what this could be from.

Sounds like you might be shaving too hard in that area. I know that when I shave a little too hard with a bad angle, I get little bitty white pustules as well. I think that they're actually ingrown hairs that are striving to get out.

Advice: Check your technique. Check your pressure. Correct whichever one is out of whack, and they should go away.

HTH! HANS

I think that they're actually ingrown hairs that are striving to get out.

Advice: Check your technique. Check your pressure. Correct whichever one is out of whack, and they should go away.

HTH! HANS

+1 That's exactly what they are, make sure you aren't stretching the skin if you can help it and don't apply too much pressure. If you're shaving that close you could damage the skin too.

Yeah that sounds like the problem. For pressure try just using the weight of the razor. In DE shaving that's all that's necessary. :thumbup1:

Sounds like you've already had good advice.

Thanks guys. I think that must be it too...I get obsessive about the close shave....lol.

I found that when I stopped worrying about getting a close shave....particularly the semi-mythical BBS...I actually got better shaves! I think it's because I started concentrating on what I was actually doing, rather than what I thought I should be ending up with.

Top Bottom