What's new

Taylor's Avocado

Either my technique has gotten really good, or Taylor's Avocado is one hell of a cream. I've used it before and always liked it, but it has been some time. Used it this morning with my HD and a Super Iridium blade. This was the first blood free shave with an Iridium, although my face does burn a bit at the moment. Still, a very good shave. This cream seems to have tons of cushion, as well as loads of slickness. This is something you don't often find with creams, including other Taylor's creams. I find the Rose to smell fantastic but shaves poorly. The Avocado really impressed me this morning. But am I wrong about this? Does it have no avocado anything in it? If so, why do they call it Avocado?

TOBS Avocado is just that good. Amongst all of my creams and soaps, whenever I have an important event, I reach for TOBS Avocado.

They call it Avocado because you can also smear some on some tacos after you're done shaving. It's all inclusive:thumbup:

Im kidding though but worth a try:lol:

I really like my TOBS avacado. I haven't gotten anything else to perform quite as well yet.

Re: Scent - I didn't like it the first time I opened the container. By my second shave with it, I really enjoyed it. It's earthy, with a hint of cucumber. It doesn't smell like avacado.

It's that good (for me). Possibly the best performing cream out there.

As for the scent, it's unlike anything else out there, and is definitely not "barber shop" or cologne-ish; so I can see how some may be a bit disappointed at first as it just doesn't fit with what one may have come to expect after sampling many other wet shaving products. Personally however, I liked it right off the bat, and SWMBO likes it as well. She describes it as "fresh and natural". The best way I can describe it is cucumber-green-earthy. Nothing sweet in there, but fresh like sliced cucumber in the middle of a vegetable garden.

It is an absolute must try for all wet shavers. Some won't like it, but how tragic it would be if one's dying words were "I shoulda tried the Avocado . . . "

You all know what I mean. :wink2:

+1 here. I love my TOBS Avocado like nothing else. Oddly it was my first cream, and is still my favorite. Great shave, wonderfully soothing scent. I enjoy it greatly. It's one of those items I hope never goes out of production. I'm a big lavender fan, so I'm going to have to try the TOBS Lavender at some point, also.

As for the scent, it's unlike anything else out there, and is definitely not "barber shop" or cologne-ish; so I can see how some may be a bit disappointed at first as it just doesn't fit with what one may have come to expect after sampling many other wet shaving products.

You got that right.
What I find fairly suspect of those who regard the Avocodo highly is how may other creams they've tried.
The scent is an artificially sharp overpowering lady's perfume.

Here we go again...old lady perfume time. I'll say it again - since I've joined this board (in 2008), I've only seen you and one other person describe it that way. Not everyone likes the smell, but even those who don't, very few would say it smells like old lady perfume.

I've tried probably 15-20 creams, and the Avocado remains one of the best I've tried.

Not everyone likes it, but the Avocado is highly regarded for a reason.

Not sure, but the Cocoa Butter (highly comedogenic/pore clogging) in the Jermyn made it a no go for me. I realize there is only a small amount in there, but I didn't want to chance since my skin breaks out easily when using things like that.

I've never gotten a good shave from it. Which is strange, because SWMBO has used it to shave her legs, and gotten great (leg) shaves. Maybe it just doesn't like me. It smells strange, but not bad at all.

I've been looking forward to trying the avocado. I can't seem to stop buying their almond though. It's my favorite cream i've tried. How does the avocado compare to their almond?

Top Bottom