What's new

favorite cancelled TV series

The missus and I have been watching "Boomtown" via Netflix, which got me thinking about what good or great shows I knew of that were gone too soon. So far I've come up with:

1. Arrested Development (pure genius)
2. Kidnapped
3. Firefly
3. Carnivale
4. Pushing Daisies
5. Greg the Bunny
6. Boomtown*

...and that's just the last so many years. Let's hear your candidates for Taken Before Their Time. And keep your fingers crossed for "Southland."

(*did anyone else know Donnie Wahlberg can actually act? Seriously, was this known?)

Definitely Arrested Development! I'm in 100% agreement with Ed that the show was pure genius.

Ironically, I'm not going to add Seinfeld to my list. If you ignore the series finale, the show went out on a high note and it would have been a shame for them to drag it out past its time...I wouldn't mind a bit more of Curb Your Enthusiasm, though!

Alf
Seinfeld
Friends
Northern Exposure

The original star trek series.

Live long and prosper!!!

I thought we were talking canceled, as in shows that didn't "live long and prosper". Seinfeld (9 seasons and arguably the best and most popular sitcom ever), Friends (10 seasons) and Star Trek all had great runs and are still adored my millions. Yea, they aren't being produced any more, but I wouldn't consider them "canceled".

I'm going to add My Name is Earl also. I never really was able to watch it when it was on TV. I've been catching reruns recently (CW I think). What a great show. I'm a pretty big fan of News Radio too, but that was canceled for reasons other than the network screwing them over.

Top Bottom