What's new

How much do big boys go for?

Tried typing Big boy in search engine,but big can't be included I guess. I don't see any on the bay so how much does a big boy go for with case in decent condition and anybody have one how does it shave?

Hard to answer this question because they are so rare! You don't see them that often. But if you get into a bidding war with a few folks from B&B, it will go for a bundle. Several folks have listed a Big Boy as their Holy Grail razor that they are on the look out for.:001_smile

Wow! Really interesting to hear that... I picked up mine New DeLuxe Big Boy from the bay, well... For 35 pounds including shipping :w00t:. It wasn't listed by its name so I just seen a razor with flat head knowing it's DeLuxe. Now I can see how happy I am. All I can say is it is fantastic shaver! I like it very much. Only negative thing is that it seems to "eat" blades a lot. Every blade I tried in it was dull after the second shave. But they were so smoooooooth :thumbup1:.

Tried typing Big boy in search engine,but big can't be included I guess. I don't see any on the bay so how much does a big boy go for with case in decent condition and anybody have one how does it shave?

Which model are you looking for? As Alex mentioned there are four not counting the gold or silver versions.

The first version is the Old Type Big Fellow. It was made for only a short time and is hard to find. It's in the familiar wooden case. It is hard to find.

The second version, the New Improved Big Fellow in the wooden case is the easiest to find. It is the version you are most likely to see on ebay.

Next is the New De Luxe Big Boy in the metal case. It is more difficult to find but they show up regularly but is highly sought after because of it's reputation as a great shaver.

The last is the New Big Fellow hybrid. It has a shorter handle then the rest and comes in a metal case as well. It is very hard to find and will be expensive.

I'm lucky to have all four in very nice shape and except for the hybrid which cost me $124, the other three cost me between $35 and $52. But that was between 5 and 9 months ago.

What you have to do is look at every Gillette razor on ebay at least twice a day. In most cases the sellers don't know what they are selling so you need a keen eye and a little luck. Don't just do a search for Big Boy or Big Fellow because you'll miss them.

Good Luck,
Len

ok thanks everyone looking for the NEW kinda like the on on the wiki might be able to pick one up for about 60 then?
proxy.php

ok thanks everyone looking for the NEW kinda like the on on the wiki might be able to pick one up for about 60 then?
proxy.php
Not if any of us are bidding against you!

The one in the pic is pristine, and would go far higher. And as mentioned above, it is quite rare (the rarest of the Bigs), and is also the only one of the 4 variants I lack. So, I'd be going after one pretty good if I spotted one (though I've not really been in the hunt for razors recently, and have missed a bunch, no telling when I may jump back in!). And as you can see from reading above, others seek this one too. And Len even paid double what you mention, and I paid double what he mentions for the others... but mine were bought mosly in Oct-Dec.

oh ok bummer:tongue_sm I guess it wouldn't have to be as great of condition as the one posted. Does anybody ever sell just the case just like that one,or is there any other cases that look like that(blue/gold) looks pretty nice.

oh ok bummer:tongue_sm I guess it wouldn't have to be as great of condition as the one posted. Does anybody ever sell just the case just like that one,or is there any other cases that look like that(blue/gold) looks pretty nice.

Be careful when looking at photos of the colors on the case interiors. The color of this one is most likely purple instead of blue. I have the same set but mine is purple and not in such good shape.

It's also doubtful you will find this case by itself.

Len

Top Bottom