What's new

How can I stop nicking bumps?

Hi

I am getting better at the shaving angle, however I keep making myself get cut on old nicks or little bumps on my face.

So I guess they don't have time to heal by the next shave and I will keep cutting myself...

Are there any easy ways to not nick little bumps?

Thanks

I've got plenty of annoying little bumps on my neck, so I know what you're dealing with :cursing: . I've found that using a less aggressive razor helps. What are you using now? And of course remember: NO PRESSURE! Just go lightly over them. In fact, try to shave around them, if you can.

I think it's hard even with no pressure cause the razor just gets caught on them. I am using a Parker 96R with Shark Superchrome blades.

No pressure, avoiding ATG for a while, and some razor bump treatment helped me a lot.
I used AOS ingrown hair treatment, which is pricey, but works very well.

For some reason, when I switched to the 39c slant, which is considered very aggressive here, I had less problems as well. Perhaps I was more careful about having a light touch, shave angle, and found ATGs not necessary for DFS.

No pressure sounds like the answer. Any chance of just not shaving for a couple of three days? If not I'd try just shaving around the spots where you get the nicks. :tongue_sm

+1 If you have to shave, WTG passes only until the bumps heal.

Of course you could use lots of pressure and just slice those nasty old bumps right off. :ohmy:

I have a bit of a mole on my neck that I've been nicking my whole shaving career. Odlly enough, since I started using straights almost exclusively, I never seem to catch it anymore. I can't explain it, but it works for me!

A combination of less pressure and more skin stretching.

This is what is was thinking. Smooth the area out as much as possible so that the bump is flat as possible you may nick the top a little but that should also help free what may be in it without making a blood bath.

Gotta avoid getting bumps in the first place or getting rid of the ones you have now. Try washing your face with cold water after shaving and exfoliating (use something with salicylic acid) at least a few times a week.

Gotta avoid getting bumps in the first place or getting rid of the ones you have now. Try washing your face with cold water after shaving and exfoliating (use something with salicylic acid) at least a few times a week.

I recommend St Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub with Salicylic Acid for exfoliating.

Top Bottom