What's new

Any night shavers?

Hi

For any night shavers, how do you prepare your face (assuming you don't have a shower before)?

I am thinking of switching to this because I always run late now that I shave in the morning because it takes me a long time, compared to the hack hack hack of a cartridge.

I am thinking to use a hot towel to put on my face for a few minutes, but it seems a bit annoying.

It only takes a few minutes and it makes the shave great. I use a hot towel every shave, try it you'll be hooked.

Sometimes I shave at night. When I do, I follow the Kyle's Prep by lathering up with some soap then add the 'hot' washcloth for about 60-90 seconds. Wipe away the soap, leaving plenty of moisture and then apply some PSO; let the PSO soak while I load the brush and then face lather to take advantage of the 'massage'.

I shave at night due to lack of time.....I use the wet towel method that Joel describes on B&B. lather up then wet towel, rinse....then just go another round with only a wet towel for 2-3 mins. That is good enough for me!

I always shave at night without a shower first. I wash my face and use a hot washcloth for about a minute. At night I get the bathroom all to myself, take my time, relax and enjoy.

Sometimes I shave at night. When I do, I follow the Kyle's Prep by lathering up with some soap then add the 'hot' washcloth for about 60-90 seconds. Wipe away the soap, leaving plenty of moisture and then apply some PSO; let the PSO soak while I load the brush and then face lather to take advantage of the 'massage'.

+1 :thumbup:

I always shave at night, and have for a while because I am a bum and like to sleep as long as humanly possible before I get up to go into the office. I can do a DE shave pretty quickly, but I'd rather just do it at night and not even worry about the time.

I shower at night as well, which goes back to the sleep thing, so I don't have a change in prep.

J.

Sometimes I do. I do get shadow issues around midday next day, but work doesn't demand a clean shave as much as my self-respect.

I don't use Kyle's prep as laundry is a luxury in my building, but I do take a good while washing/soaking my face in hot water. I also rinse off and relather problem areas for the first pass, giving them a bit of extra conditioning.

I'm retired and could shave anytime...but prefer shaving at night. I use the Kyle's Prep method, shave with a Rolls Razor (3 passes WTG, WTG, XTG) and alternate with a Cobra Classic and Toggle. Never use AS, instead I use various balms.

I enjoy a night shave, and almost always shave then. I'm retired, but I shave most of the time now with my straight. I do 2 passes, WTG and ATG. I follow up with some water clean up, and a nice relaxing straight shave will last me 2 days. :thumbup1:

I just wash my face for several minutes with water as hot as I can stand. Then I build lather on my face for several minutes, let it soak in, rinse. I then apply pre-shave oil, lather up again and shave away. Works like a dream.

I always shave at night because it gives me time to relax and enjoy the shave. If I don't need a shower that evening I typically just wash my face and then add my PSO while I mix up my lather.

I always shave at night without a shower first. I wash my face and use a hot washcloth for about a minute. At night I get the bathroom all to myself, take my time, relax and enjoy.

Ditto. Night shave is where it`a at. No time restraints, can relax and enjoy.
I was once told not to shave in the AM, as skin can get dried out. This would be especially worse for me as I work outdoors all day.\
Hot hot towel, Proraso preshave, hot hot towel and begin.

I'm a night shaver. Currently i shower, put conditioner on my face right before i get out, rinse, then do my stuff. I'm going to have to try Kyle's method though, it sounds pretty nice :)

I too, am an night shaver. I do not want to fuss over shaving in the morning, and could never get accustomed to shaving well during that time.

Last edited:
If I haven't shaved for a couple of days while off work I'll shave the night prior to work. My beard is pretty heavy but doesn't seem to grow back as fast after a couple of days of uninterrupted growth. Otherwise I would get a 3:30 shadow. On the other hand I almost always shave my head at night. Combining the 2 in the AM takes a bit to long.

Top Bottom