What's new

Truefitt and Hill Brushes

Can anyone tell me if Truefitt and Hill's brushes are made by Rooney and if they are the same quality? e.g. as good?

Cheers,

Dan.

The Truefitt and Hill Wellington series is made by Rooney and the same as the Rooney 1 series in Super.
The Truefitt and Hill Regency series is made by Vulfix and the same as the Vulfix 223x series.
The Truefitt and Hill Carlton series is made by Vulfix and the same as the Vulfix 37x series.
I believe the Truefitt and Hill turnback is the same as the Vulfix turnback.

- Peter

The quality should be the same, though the UK and US divisions of T&H are stocking different ranges of brushes, or are calling them different things. T&H US claims their Rooney made brushes have 15-20% more hair than a standard Rooney, but I have no way to verify that. Anyway, I don't think you will be disappointed if you buy a Rooney made brush from T&H.

I have a brush from T&H but it has no markings on it. It has a sticker on the bottom that says "Real Badger". It was a Christmas gift so I couldn't ask the question when it was bought.

How might I figure out what kind of brush it is.

I have a brush from T&H but it has no markings on it. It has a sticker on the bottom that says "Real Badger". It was a Christmas gift so I couldn't ask the question when it was bought.

How might I figure out what kind of brush it is.

Can you post a picture of it?

- Peter

Sure can - here you go. Thanks for the help

View attachment 90467

View attachment 90468

View attachment 90469

Funny - Peter happens to be the name of my favorite guy at T&H Toronto for straight razor shaves.

Cheers,

Adam

Trust me Adam, you wouldn't want me shaving you with a straight unless you wanted to look like Van Gogh. :biggrin1: I tried a straight and quickly went back to a DE.

Unfortunately I can't help you with the brush. I haven't seen that one before. It looks like a best badger with a very nice handle.

- Peter

I have a Classic Silvertip Badger in Medium--Ivory ($109.00) from T&H. I was told by T&H in Chicago that this is a Rooney 3/2 made to T&H specs. Whether it has more badger or not I can't say. What I can say is that it is a fine brush and works well with their soap. I have a Kent BK8 on order as my SBAD is starting to kick in.

I called Truefitt & Hill Chicago regarding their Classic SilverTip Badger Large Brush ($119). They confirmed it is a Rooney Brush made to T & H specs (15-20% fuller than a Rooney Brush). They indicated I would not be disappointed so I ordered one with the BB10 discount code. The discount code is a good deal.

I can tell you this, I am on my second T&H brush ( The 1/2 Rooney) and I had a 1/1 Rooney. They are both dam good brushes, but it is 2 MM taller than the standard Rooney 1/2 according to the guy at T&H.

I received my T&H Silver Badger brush over this past weekend. What a great brush. Very pleased with my purchase!

DRW

Okay I'm still confused about US T&H offerings. I understand that the silvertip line is Rooney made and that lesser series are Vulfix. But some elsewhere have opined that the T&H silvertips are just that and not the super silvertips Rooney makes (http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/Shave_Brush_Hair_Grades#Rooney). Meaning that undiscounted, the T&H are really a lesser grade of badger than the equivalently priced Rooney.

Does anyone know the real story, here again for US offerings, from T&H?

Real story is that T&H silvertip = Rooney super silvertip.

That's from the CEO of T&H USA. Call T&H if you have any questions. I found them very pleasant to deal with and I'm really happy with the brush I got (equivalent to a Rooney 1/1 in Super).

Interesting, I was looking at the Truefitt & Hill brushes last night and wondering who made them. I may have to pick one up.

If you order on the T&H website and enter the promotion code "BB10" when you check out you will get a 20% discount.
I got a silvertip 1/2 delivered for $79.

The Truefitt and Hill Wellington series is made by Rooney and the same as the Rooney 1 series in Super.
The Truefitt and Hill Regency series is made by Vulfix and the same as the Vulfix 223x series.
The Truefitt and Hill Carlton series is made by Vulfix and the same as the Vulfix 37x series.
I believe the Truefitt and Hill turnback is the same as the Vulfix turnback.

- Peter

greybeard.....i'm sure the art of shaving brushes are farmed out brushes...any idea who makes their brushes?

greybeard.....i'm sure the art of shaving brushes are farmed out brushes...any idea who makes their brushes?

I can't say with 100% certainty, but my feeling is that most of the current line is made by Muhle for AOS. The knots, both in feel and shape, are similar and I've seen a couple that were marked "Made in Germany".

AOS no longer sells the very expensive horn handled brushes which were re-branded Plissons.

Real story is that T&H silvertip = Rooney super silvertip.

That's from the CEO of T&H USA. Call T&H if you have any questions. I found them very pleasant to deal with and I'm really happy with the brush I got (equivalent to a Rooney 1/1 in Super).

Are you still happy with this brush? I'm looking at the medium silvertip in horn.

I've been using a T&H Rooney 3/1 in super as my main brush for the past 8 months and have been very pleased. Definitely fuller than a regular Rooney 3/1.

Top Bottom