What's new

WTBorrow: Merkur HD (closed or open comb)

(cross posted in BST too)

So this is a little unusual probably, but I'm hoping someone can hook me up. I have basically decided the Gillette Old type is my go-to razor but I'm really interested in a modern DE and having heard such great things about the HDs (and they look very nice too!) I am eager to try one. The problem is, at $40 a piece, I can't justify buying one and risk it being "not so great." So, I'd like to see if someone would be willing to let me borrow one for a week, of course I'd pay shipping both ways.

Then again, if someone was selling one for ~$20 I might bite on that too. :001_rolle

TJ

proxy.php

proxy.php

Watch B/S/T for a good-priced used one and buy it. Then, if you don't like it, sell it for what you paid for it and all you'll be out is the shipping one way, instead of both ways. Your buyer will pay the second way. I'd also recommend investing in a bottle each of Scrubbing Bubbles and Barbacide. You can try a lot of different razors, one at a time, with very little cash flow.

Watch B/S/T for a good-priced used one and buy it. Then, if you don't like it, sell it for what you paid for it and all you'll be out is the shipping one way, instead of both ways. Your buyer will pay the second way. I'd also recommend investing in a bottle each of Scrubbing Bubbles and Barbacide. You can try a lot of different razors, one at a time, with very little cash flow.

I agree, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if someone comes through for you - lots of great folks here at B&B! Good luck, either way! :thumbup1:

I'd also recommend investing in a bottle each of Scrubbing Bubbles and Barbacide.

hi moe,

i'm not sure if i have hard water spots or residue from my shaving cream (i use kiss my face fragrance free moisture shave) or both. would you recommend scrubbing bubbles or barbacide (or something else) to take care of this? also, how often do you suggest this cleaning be done?

thanks!
-m

hi moe,

i'm not sure if i have hard water spots or residue from my shaving cream (i use kiss my face fragrance free moisture shave) or both. would you recommend scrubbing bubbles or barbacide (or something else) to take care of this? also, how often do you suggest this cleaning be done?

thanks!
-m

Scrubbing bubbles and a toothbrush will take off just about any scum. Barbacide will disinfect what the bubbles might have missed.

Seems to be out of stock in a lot of places, but you can usually find an HD for under $30 if you search.

There's also a razor lending social group here you might want to join, someone will hook you up there pretty quickly.

Top Bottom