What's new

Ever Ready 200 - Something Special via Rudy Vey

I had been searching for a beautiful old colorful Ever Ready, like the ones Vinny had posted in the original "how to restore a brush" thread. I obtained one, and rather than botching it up, I asked Rudy to work his magic. I was obsessing on a very, very short loft. It is a Golden Nib Finest (Extra Hair) set at 43mm. The diameter of the knot is 20mm. When I first received it yesterday, I was a little concerned as it appeared very, very pointy and stiff. After today's shave, I am so glad we set it where we did. Soft tips, very dense, terrific backbone. I am really delighted. Thank you Rudy!

Fantastic restore.

Short short loft is the way to go. I set my last one at 42mm and it could not have worked out better.

That is a fantastic old handle to bring back into service.

Nice one Darjeeling,

The Finest knot set at this sort of loft is an absolute pearler !!!!

That handle looks kinda familiar.....

:thumbup:

Last edited:
Looks great! Rudy does awesome work. Enjoy that knot too...I have 3 brushes with that knot and love them!

Ben

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
This handle was beautiful:001_tt1:, and it was a pleasure to work with Joe on this project. I had sent him photos of different loft settings, and the 43 mm was the best for him - great choice, I must admit seeing the post-bloom pixs. Enjoy this brush, as soon as I find a similar handle, I make one for myself.

where did you find the brush?

I just patiently trolled ebay. As soon as I saw it, I knew it for what it was. Of course you never really know what condition its in until its in your hands. I was very lucky. They are out there, just be patient.

Rudy is so gracious and professional, he is a wonderful communicator. As referenced above, Rudy sent me a bunch of pics of the brush "set" at 40mm and increasing increments through 50mm. I think the turnaround time on the whole project was 1 week. I shaved with it again today. Really wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator:
This handle was beautiful:001_tt1:, and it was a pleasure to work with Joe on this project. I had sent him photos of different loft settings, and the 43 mm was the best for him - great choice, I must admit seeing the post-bloom pixs. Enjoy this brush, as soon as I find a similar handle, I make one for myself.

Rudy, glad to see you post on the very day you had surgery. You're
a good man! Recover fast and stay well.

Mark

There's something about vintage brushes that I find appealing.
Restoring a nice Ever Ready or any other great brush brand, stuffing it with some quality hair is something I need to do more often, so far I only have one Rubberset brush back to life.

I'm off to ebay... see ya

Nice brush handle. Not too fond of the extreme short lofts that everyone seems into as of late. Glad to hear it works for you though.

I'm a huge fan of short-loft brushes, and that's a looker, for sure. Great work Rudy! Have a speedy recovery, too.

Enjoy the brush, Joe.

-Andy

Top Bottom