What's new

Face wash or bar soap?

I use a few face washes since I don't think you should be washing your face with a body bar but that's just my opinion. The one I really like at the moment is Zirh Clean. It works great for me and last forever, check ebay as there is some good deals there at times.

I use Nivea claenser and ither nivea scrub or st ives apricot scrub depending on my mood. Bar soap works great if my skin seems overly greasy somewhere in the middle of july, but mostly bar soap just drys my face right out.

:thumbup1:
Only water for me :thumbup1:

After years of trying face washes & soaps I now only use water and a cloth. My skin looks & feels healthier & another thing - no burning eyes or blemishes. I get a better shave as well. I'm sure the ingredients in face washes hinder a good shave, contrary to popular belief - for me anyway.

It depends on what issues you have.

I used to use neutrogena anti-acne face wash 2x/day.

Now I use dove bar-soap. Works great on my face, I even use it on my shaved neck and it moisturizes a bit.

If you have acne issues and want to completely strip your skin of oil, look into Chandrika Ayurvedic soap. Keep it FAR FAR AWAY from anything you've shaved though. It contains lye and neem oil.

My solution to my acne problem was simple: Chemical warfare. Acne mechanica = bacteria + excess skin cells. Bacteria only live inside a certain pH range and are susceptible to simple chemical poisons.
My solution: Scrub my skin till it's raw with a loofah. Pour hydrogen peroxide liberally on my back. Let sit for 3 minutes/until it burns. Rinse off and follow with a Basic (high pH) soap like Chandrika Ayurvedic soap.

Worked great on my shoulders, until I broke my loofah's plastic handle shaking the water from it. The Chandrika keeps the bacteria from moving back to where I already killed it.
Keep it stupid simple.

ouch ouch ouch. First of all, allow me to respectfully disagree with the "strip it of all oil" school of thought. That is one way to guarantee that your body will produce still more oil, while irritating your skin in the bargain. Any and all bar soaps "contain lye", in the sense that lye is needed to transform oils into soap. But in any properly made soap, there is no active lye in the finished product, and if there is, change your soap! Neem oil is a great ingredient in an acne soap, but unless you're allergic to it, in a good soap it is not going to sting or irritate your skin, shaved or otherwise.

Before I got all crazy on my skin and declared all-out warfare, I tried kinder gentler methods. Those never did much, so I got all rambo/chemist on it, and it worked great. This stuff does have active "caustic soda" in it, and it'll burn any and all of your skin if you leave if on more than 3 minutes or so. Definitely not good for the mucous membranes or nether regions, but good for what I wanted it to do. When I first tried it, I just thought it smelled good and it was only a buck a bar. :001_rolle

I'll agree that being that extreme is not a good place to start, but I don't agree that's it's a useless approach.

A

altonjone

Soap bar works good to moisture cleanser. It works to prevent break outs. Soap bar is not bad in fact, I use dove and it is good 4 u helps in many ways. It keeps the skin soft, clear, smooth and well need time, only 2 use for washing your face, when u have acne or pimples.

Folks,

Interesting thread... I use my soap in the morning but I tend to have oily skin especially my forehead later in the day. I'm 54, so it certainly isn't my "youthful" skin raising havoc but I do end up washing my face if I go out in the evening. Perhaps I need to make a ritual of it! :001_rolle Another thing to remember! :laugh:

Regards,
David

I am 32 and have mild adult acne as well as pretty sensitive combination skin. My favorite cleanser is Allafia Extra Gentle Shea&Honey soap. It is a very simple all natural soap with only 3 ingredients (70% unrefined Shea Butter, Virgin Coconut Oil, African Honey). It doesn't lather much at all and has a very light earthy/dirt sort of scent but it keeps my face clear and feeling amazing. It is so gentle and non-drying that during the warmer months I rarely even need a moisturizer, just wash my face and use a little of my homemade toner(75%W.Hazel, 25%Aloe liq., veg glycerin, EO) and my face feels/looks great. I highly recommend trying this soap especially if you have dry, sensitive or break out prone skin.

Refresh and clean your face with Nyassa Tea Tree Oil Face Wash, This SLS, SLES and Paraben free (free from harsh chemicals) face wash is extremely gentle on your skin every time you use it. It cleanses your skin and clears clogged pores without snatching away the natural moisture. This must-have face care product is perfect for normal to oily skin types. The Tea Tree Extracts with its strong cleansing properties is apt for oily skin. It banishes acne and blemishes by keeping your skin clean. Tea Tree Oil also helps in soothing dry flaking skin. The Green tea Extracts are known for their removing toxins from the skin and acts as a natural cleanser. The alluring herbal fragrance refreshes you with every wash. Get this face cleanser and bid adieu to dull and tired skin!

Refresh and clean your face with Nyassa Tea Tree Oil Face Wash, This SLS, SLES and Paraben free (free from harsh chemicals) face wash is extremely gentle on your skin every time you use it. It cleanses your skin and clears clogged pores without snatching away the natural moisture. This must-have face care product is perfect for normal to oily skin types. The Tea Tree Extracts with its strong cleansing properties is apt for oily skin. It banishes acne and blemishes by keeping your skin clean. Tea Tree Oil also helps in soothing dry flaking skin. The Green tea Extracts are known for their removing toxins from the skin and acts as a natural cleanser. The alluring herbal fragrance refreshes you with every wash. Get this face cleanser and bid adieu to dull and tired skin!

Normally I don't use much soap or anything to wash my face. I've found hot water and friction from a wash cloth work best for me for cleaning my face. When I do use a soap I generally use Ivory soap but I only do that before I shave, and when I shower I wash my face, head and whole body with Ivory soap too.

I've tried "fancy" soaps over the years, and keep going back to Ivory. Otherwise the best soap I've ever come across is the home made lye soap that my cousin used to make, but she passed on and I've never had the same luck at soap making.

Otherwise the only soap that touches my face or head is shaving soap as I shave my face and head.

Top Bottom