What's new

Geneva Cutlery

I haven't been able to find any documentation on Geneva cutlery on B&B other than one redone old blade.

Has anyone tried this manufacturer?

I've had a number of Geneva Cutlery blades, and I have found them all to be excellent shavers. As with most American brands, they are very underrated.

I was a guinea pig for a few and they are excellent. If you see one take it because IMO they are going to go up in demand, especially since Hart is getting such high marks and folks are going to be curious about American steel.

Geneva Cutlery made good razors. I used one this morning.

I agree with the other two replies on this thread. They are worth having.

There are razors stamped Gevena Cutlery and others stamped Genco; I have read that the companies are the same. I don't know, but I'd bet you can tell something about when they were made based on the stamps.

They are the same. I believe the Genco are the more recent ones.

Great razors. In the top 4 manufacturers I've used.

Dubl Duck
P.S.&Co
Genco
Fil

Wow, Genco's are a top-4 brand?
They were the largest USA mfgr near the time of the Titanic.

I've restored and sold at least 20 of them by now, for whatever reason I find them all the time. Consistent for sure, always a good shave. But it never occurred to me they were held in high esteem. I thought they were a Toyota of their day, just a very good and reliable no-frills blade.

I have a Gevena "Ontario" and it's one of my top three vintage razors. You would be hard pressed to convince me that anything shaves better. They are a diamond in the rough.

I have a Genco Junior I inherited from my grandfather. First straight I've ever used, so my experience is very limited, but since I haven't sliced myself except for the last time I used it before deploying (Which was my 8th time) I'd say it does great!

GENEVA CUTLERY CO.
Geneva, New York
By 1912, the largest US manufacturer of razors. In 1928, firm reorganized as Geneva Cutlery Inc.
Used "GENCO" trademark
ca. 1902-1935

I had a Geneva Cutlery with the pyramid stamped on the tang.

It honed really easy and was a nice shaver. Good vintage steel.

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I have two of them, and one is one of my best shavers. I think it was all of $15.

Top Bottom