What's new

Allergies?

Has anyone ever been allergic to a cologne? I am really worried that I may be allergic to my new Creed Silver Mountain Water!!! I have had a few samples earlier, but maybe I didn't use it enough to find out I had a reaction to it. I am not 100% sure yet, but I will be running tests throughout the week to determine if it is the culprit. Anyone ever been allergic to a cologne?

My wife works of an allergy doctor. I just asked her and she said yes that a lot of people are. Thats something i didn't know.

That's why the IFRA is regulating reformulations of most fragrances; removing oakmoss and citrus (IIRC) notes in favor of their synthetic counterparts.

I had to sell my bottle of Penhaligon's Opus 1870 because even though I liked the scent a lot it always gave me a headache and the sniffles. Not sure exactly which component did it but I suspect Iso E Super which Opus has gobs of.

Cologne allergies are quite common.

I am allergic to many colognes. Being near any of these colognes makes me feel like I have a common cold. Nasal stuffiness, runny nose, occasional sneezes.

In bad cases I have actually developed wheezing.

Cologne allergies are quite common.

I am allergic to many colognes. Being near any of these colognes makes me feel like I have a common cold. Nasal stuffiness, runny nose, occasional sneezes.

In bad cases I have actually developed wheezing.

Same here except that I my eyes start to itch like crazy if I'm exposed a lot, as in wearing it myself. Fortunatly I'm not allergic to OS. :biggrin1:

That's why the IFRA is regulating reformulations of most fragrances; removing oakmoss and citrus (IIRC) notes in favor of their synthetic counterparts.

Is that a good thing? I like my Lime. When I hear "synthetic counterparts" I think (yet another) petroleum derivative.:001_huh:

Last edited:
I understand when you have to replace ambergris and civet, and perhaps some other natural ingredients that are being harvested to extinction. But lime and the citrus family? I hope they will not replace that with a lab created chemical. Will bay leaf be next? Well, I don't know what IIRC is, so maybe it's not all citrus they would replace.

I've been allergic to some items, or they dried my skin, so I just avoided the product if it was bad enough, but I wouldn't want to deprive other people of their enjoyment of it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom