What's new

Laurel Boudoir Razor!

I usually have a Friday beer with a couple of old diggers, they know I am into wet shaving and we often bring in a toy to the pub and have a chat.

Anyway one of the chaps, brought this safety razor in (sorry about the pic quality - I only had my phone)

THe tin was around the same size as a normal DE blade!

THe safety bar is bakerlite.

Being called a Boudoir Razor and seeing the size, the mind boggles at it's intended use:biggrin1:

proxy.php
[/IMG]

proxy.php
[/IMG]

proxy.php
[/IMG]

proxy.php
[/IMG]

Here is one similar to the one your friend had. These razors were first made by George H. Lawrence, Limited, of Sheffield England in the early 1930's. I haven't been able to determine how long they were on the market.

There are pictures of both this one and also one similar to Ray's specimen in the L-W price guide on pages 76 and 78.

The company also made "normal" size double edge razors of the Gillette type. Some, but not all, of these other Laurel razors also had the bakelite bar guard similar to the ladies razors. Some of them had an open comb design and looked much like a Gillette Brownie.

Regards,
Tom

Cheers, Toms Razor is exactly the same as the one my friend has. Albeit Toms is in better condition.

Here is one similar to the one your friend had. These razors were first made by George H. Lawrence, Limited, of Sheffield England in the early 1930's. I haven't been able to determine how long they were on the market.

There are pictures of both this one and also one similar to Ray's specimen in the L-W price guide on pages 76 and 78.

The company also made "normal" size double edge razors of the Gillette type. Some, but not all, of these other Laurel razors also had the bakelite bar guard similar to the ladies razors. Some of them had an open comb design and looked much like a Gillette Brownie.

Regards,
Tom

Hi, better late than never. I picked one of these up here in Sydney ($25), no packaging, but mine has a metal guard bar, and it is a closed comb.

Top Bottom