What's new

Improving

I'm pleased. Much improvement over the last few shaves. I'm am having some problems with the water cream ratio, but some experimentation will solve that over time.
I'm using a '51 super speed, Murker blade, Proraso pre shave, Palmolive red shaving cream, a AOS pure badger brush, and Proraso AS. Three passes plus clean-up.
I intend to use the same kit for a month, then try some of the other blades from John's sample pack, still using the super speed.
I have some other razors at home or on the way, but I think it wise to limit the variables during the learning curve, the HD and Ranger Tech will have to wait.

Thanks for the update on your progress. Sounds like you are doing great and have a good sound approach: limiting your variables.

It sounds like you are well on your way,Keep it up! Consistency is probably one of the most important things to help improvement, but that doesn't mean we can't have a little fun:biggrin: All of those brushes, razors, and cream are just looking for a home.

I agree with commenters above: you're taking your time, keeping consistent, paying attention, etc. You should do fine.

jcb, I really have not used another razor with which to compare the super speed. 40 years ago I used Gillette adjustables of the day and a Schick injector while in college. The super speed is just my weapon of choice for a re-introduction to DE shaving. I made the decision based upon feedback from several forums and blogs. The super speed seems to be one of those timeless razors that every man should have and you really can't go wrong with one. Go get one, maybe two or three!

John

Top Bottom