What's new

how many members have only one razor?

I'm curious, I know most of you have rad but how many bought one razor and have stayed with it? I bought my first DE about 2 months ago an adjustable slim and I can't imagine a better razor.
On a side note, who has the most? and how many?

I sometimes wish I only had one. On a side note you wanna buy a collection of razors? Lol just kidding. I started with intentions of only having 2(home,traveling). Then the bright idea was to have my birth day year razor also. Then the bright idea was to have at least one super speed from every year. See were im going with this ohhh the horror.

Only one? Interesting question!

I don't have one and don't have the most (<20) but, except for a quick test drive, I really only use two, my 34C and my Slim. I love both.

I have 2 that I use. A Gillette fat handle tech(usa), and a 40's style Super speed(usa). The ones on display are a 1932 Gillette fat handle tech(canadian), Gillette New(I think also canadian), Black handle Super speed, and a Black tip Super speed.

Currently only have one, a Merkur with a bar and I'm thinking about moving to a comb.

I'm currently after vintage Super Adjustable, but I'm after a very specific model (I want third quarter 1969 to match my age) so have not had any luck so far with a WTB thread.

So until then - still just one...

Even when I was just using an Atra, I had a spare handle. With DE, SE, and injector razors, well, let's just say there are other people who have more than I do.

Still in single figures....but then I've only been using a DE for a few months.

If you can only have one I'd imagine a Slim would be a good one to have. I'm waiting on mine arriving.

WHAT? OUTRAGEOUS!!!! Why I've never heard of such a thing. This is Badger and Blade, after all.

proxy.php

I only have one of about every US and some British, French, Brazilian models of Gillette.

OK so I only shave with one a day!!!.........:blushing:

proxy.php

I know someone who's been wetshaving a year with only a Merkur 34. He says he switched to save money and, unlike the rest of us, he actually meant it. Needless to say he's not a member here. As for me, I "only" have 12, but am down to using only 4.

I got my first DE around a month ago, an Edwin Jagger 89.
I wanted a second razor to leave at my mum's place for when I occasionally have to stay over there to help out, so I picked up the Muehle R89 to see the difference.
So I have 2, but they're basically the same.
Oh, and a '58 SS that I'm waiting to arrive, but that was just out of curiosity...

I have an SS which is stolen from me although it is still in the house. The wife has hijacked the thing but is not giving the care it deserves. Countless times she leaves that thing wet in the shower. :mad3:
I'm thinking about replacing the very forgiving Astra blade in her razor with a sharp Feather. :sneaky2:

I bought then a super adjustable which I used for several months and still do from time to time.
Then I bought the 12C, 38C and 39C at once. The 38C is getting the least love, then the 12C and my favorite is the 39C. I use it for at least 7 out of 10 shaves on average.

Top Bottom