What's new

NEW Gillette Pro-glide or Schick Hydro ?

New Gillette Pro-glide or Schick Hydro ??

• Gillette Pro-glide

• Schick Hydro

• Naff or ya numpty !!!!!

• Art is King.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have no interest in either one, they are both multi-bladed monsters, which means they will be crap on a stick!

In my opinion (and much of the rest of the board as well) there have been no improvements made since the Gillette Sensor Excel. Adding a 3rd blade did nothing but cause extra irritation. Adding a fourth, and fifth blade took the disaster that was the Mach 3, and simply elevated it into the ridiculous.

The best cartridge razor ever made was their first try at one: The Gillette Trac II. It was simplistic, and still required you to set your own angle.

I can buy Trac II carts for as little .20 cents each vs. the $4 each these new carts are sure to fetch. :thumbup1:

the Sensor is still the best cartrige razor ever made, followed by the Xtreme 3 and the trac II/Atra,

gillette proveed that when they upgraded the sensor to 3 bladed cartriges last year,

but im still partial to my Merkur 34g,

. . .Should be : NAFF ORF YA NUMPTY !!! :biggrin1:

I'm afraid I still need a translation, although I think I get the general idea.:tongue_sm

My Gillette Atra was pretty good, and is still a possible backup razor, though not very likely to be used. I actually did buy a Fusion with a couple of cartridges from Amazon last month, adding it on to a larger order. Never used more than a twin blade, and at some point I want to try what I've been criticizing. Not really motivated to take it out of the package, though.

I'm sure that the public at large will follow along with what they see as being the only available options. A few more people will rediscover the kind of shaving we do.

Well gillette just want us to spend more money on a 2010 version and schick had to wait a while otherwise they would be accused of jumping on the 5 blade wagon, though at least they are offering a economy model:sneaky2: think i will stay with my de and trac though.

Well I gotta say that I could care less for either the new Schick or Gillette (NAY). If they come in the mail as a promo I will try it but not gonna pay for one. As a cart goes sometimes I use the Trac II or Atra and Sensor for me those are the best cart razors around as carts go. Any models after that did not interest me enough. As alway YMMV.

I have no interest in either one, they are both multi-bladed monsters, which means they will be crap on a stick!

I go a step further. When manufacturers started the blade wars by adding to the classic single blade injector they started a downhill slide that continues to this day. Oh I tried the dual bladed crap and found that after a pass my thick bristles jammed the works up. If I was able to clear it the $%^& thing was dull into my second shave. Forget it!

I continue to this day with the classic single blade injector system. Gave great shaves in its day and still does!

proxy.php

I've mentioned this in another thread, but was talking to my Dad today and he said that he still prefers the Trac 2 over the M3 or Fusion. Essentially, he feels that the blades have gone downhill and the blades have just gotten crappier and crappier.

Amen! Injectors are my #1 Razors :thumbup1:

Glad to see I'm not alone :) BTW, yes I also have used DE razors in my day but frankly nothing works as well for me as a single bladed injector. Perhaps a straight razor is the ne plus ultra but at my age that's not something I need to risk :laugh:

"These new technologies are proven to reduce irritation, providing men with refreshing, liberating shaves."

"3. A streamlined Snowplow Comfort Guard "

The above are my two favorite lines in the marketing. A liberating shave? Novel idea eh? And a streamlined snowplow??!!!:w00t: Very handy for our Canadian winters!

I still want to know what "naff orf ya numpty" means. For all we know, it could be Australian for "buy Acme disposables".

I still want to know what "naff orf ya numpty" means. For all we know, it could be Australian for "buy Acme disposables".

it's a strange one...

'naff off' was a dismissive exclamation created by the writers of 'Porridge' in the seventies, a sitcom featuring the late great Ronnie Barker. The writers wanted something that sounded like a swear word, but couldn't upset the guardians of public morality.

Somehow it passed into use among the higher echelons of British society - famously used by Princess Anne to a paparazzo - and the county set have a habit of adding an 'r' before the 'f'.

'Numpty' is as far as I'm aware a Scottish derogatory term for someone who's foolish.

"These new technologies are proven to reduce irritation, providing men with refreshing, liberating shaves."

Maybe they are taking some marketing ideas from these guys?

I would spin that another way:

"The unshaven masses shall be liberated from the tiranny of the stubble by the unity of our 5 blade committee. Long live the people's cheese grater!".

:lol:

I voted this one assuming it doesn't mean "I'll order both right away in large numbers" in a Tasmanian dialect...:biggrin:

That's kewl, your credit card has been debited and your lifetime supply of both is on it's way ( They even threw in some shave GEL as well ) !!!! :laugh:

Top Bottom