What's new

TOBS Eton College or Mr Taylor?

my $.02....either would be fine.

Both have a great scent and I'd have a hard time choosing.

Of course, I have both. :thumbup1:

I've tried both and they rank close but ETON beat it out. Nice barbershop smell and since it is named for a college where the barbershops were I figure it is good for young guys (though I'm about to order it and am a little bit out of my 30's now). Bullgoose has good price and always throws in something extra (like Christmas when I get something from them)!

I have the Eton College and have never used Mr. Taylor but others here thing highly of it. Eton College would work for about any age group. It's a clean cologne scent that's not flashy or over powering.

They were both pretty muted scents to me. In their aftershave versions, I think Eton would win out for me. But in the shaving cream version, Eton lacks the nice citrus note of the afershave, which takes it down for me. And the Mr Taylors cream lacks the spiciness of the aftershave and becomes quite close to Truefitt and Hill's Grafton, which for me makes Mr. Taylors edge out Eton College on the shaving cream front.

I'm 20 and I had both. Sold the Mr. Taylor and kept the Eton College. Sure it doesn't get used much (I've been on a sample buying spree lately), but I do enjoy the classic scent.

I like St James. I have a sample of Mr Taylor, but it smells exactly like St James.
Are they similar..or did I get a mis-labeled sample?

Eton College is ok... it's inoffensive and mild.

I have Eton College and like it very much, but the reason I chose it over Mr. Taylor was because MT is very close to T+H Grafton which is my go to scent line.

My opinion of the two scents is that the Eton College is somewhat more aggressive (in a positive way; we're not talking sex panther), while the Grafton/Mr. Taylor scent is more restrained and refined.

If I had to absolutely choose one, I'd go with Grafton/Mr. Taylor. Fortunately, I don't because they both appeal to me in different ways.

I prefer Mr Taylor, but then I'm 49 ! I think Taylors 'designed' Eton for the 'younger man'. Anyone got any samples ? :sneaky2:

Love both in the scent. Since both are also cologne creams they both dry your face in dry weather IMO. Mr. Taylor's is a little better in the moisturizing and a little better scent. YMMV

I'm 50, and both are among my absolute favorite scents, and both are excellent shaving creams. I honestly can't say I prefer one over the other. I know a lot of people say that Eton College is more of a younger man's scent, but I think either is appropriate for any age group, especially given the retro, classic nature of wet shaving.

The solution is to get samples of both. Then, like many of us, you'll buy tubs of both!

Top Bottom